So... what's on your bench at the moment?

Warning… they’re not all the same… some need GND connection as well. Which is odd. I got the Flywoo ones from Bangood. They come in different sizes.

Not 100% perfect though. On my new build one of the LED boards works on the power-up beeps, the others don’t. But they all work once the quad is armed.

Also they do nothing until a motor is attached. I assume the ESC won’t supply current until it sees a motor.

I especially like them because now they’re installed, if a motor dies I probably won’t have to solder directly onto the ESC again!

I do as well but some of them (the switched mode type) don’t like dynamic braking from full throttle to zero :scream:

I use one of these and I love it…

Recently discovered my q8 isdt can just output any voltage any amps (not any obviously) bit that’s so cool. Useful as my modified ex pc PSU blew up (not in any way I noticed) and can’t use anymore. Now I just use the q8 from my solar charged battery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nearly there. Powers up, video feed is good, arms, and then as soon as I give it some juice it does a crash flip. Better check my modes, I guess.

Also didn’t get any satellites after about 5 minutes, but I seem to remember the first fix taking quite a long time.

Actually, I’d better get back to work. :grimacing:

props all on the right way? Silly question of course they are… Well done on getting there with it!!

2 Likes

Soooo back to my own stuff… And something I never thought I’d do…

Due to fly aways at the weekend, and the fact that this target has the “dodgy” bit of code in 4.3 that doesn’t like the gyro. Also need 4.3 as built in ELRS V2! Wish me luck, lol

1 Like

It’ll be fine… i was running nightlies of BF 4.3 for a few months before the first RC…

If course… it could also go terribly wrong… :slight_smile:

Hah it flashed OK, and applied the config I used on my original TinyApe and seems OK, though not hovered, etc yet. All settings applied. I used 4.3RC6 on the original one, and was flying great, didn’t know about the potential gyro issue then. Fixed the gyro int he nightlies, so no RC7 or final release yet! The ELRS devs told me to do it, very helpful guys!

Only issue I’m having is the signal drops out afetr a few mins, I think maybe heat, but not 100% sure… Seems fine in flight, hense why I think bench heat/distance to receiver!

1 Like

Yeah. On bench get a fan on it…

Got this sorted. Motor assignments were wrong. We have lift-off!

I’m not sure what all this is about. The video works, so I’m not going to worry about it.

I think I just have to hook up the buzzer and we’re good to go out and wreck it again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Can you change channel? Thats kind of important. Even more so the power.

What does the rest of the vtx page say? Especially the stuff on the right.

You really don’t want the problems you had before again…

Nothing. That’s it.

Oh, the VTX wasn’t assigned in the Ports tab. I thought I’d checked that. D’oh!

1 Like

So with the big meet coming up I’ve been considering what projects to finish before the weekends flying.

I recently upgraded my cinewhoop to hd but have been unimpressed with the flight experiences so have decided to switch that back to digital.

This the leaves me with a spare vista and nano cam.
Then I’ve spotted the drone authority 25% camera discount today and ordered a DJI camera and decided that I’ll convert the armattan chameleon to hd.

This then leaves me with a tbs sixty9 to add to the spare xl2 frame, motors and camera I already have to make self build number two.

Gonna have a busy few days :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the meet next weekend. Hoping to meet some new guys and put faces to names again. It was great last year. My reduced squad are all working, but I’ll be bringing everything but the kitchen sink for repairs

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s my approach… a big box with all my spares and bits and bobs in it.

2 Likes

Does anyone coming to the Big meet have Hdzero kit ?
I’m thinking of going that route with my Dji Race edition goggles which have HDMI in, I’d like to just hookup before I blind the moths in my wallet ……:grin:

@notveryprettyboy @Steviegeek others?

Great, I couldn’t remember what you two are on…:blush: