Some help please

After reading an interesting post on here about laminating some drone law information for “interested” :roll_eyes: members of the public in what I’m doing, I’m buggered If I can find it again. Can someone point me in the right direction. Lesson learned about bookmarks :man_facepalming:t2: Ta

1 Like

You may find the information on the CCA site? Or use the Drone code.

1 Like

Sorry the CAA.

:sunglasses: all good, figured that.

2 Likes

I downloaded the info sheets from FPVUK as well, if you need let me know can send them across

1 Like

Due to a knobhead that thread is on the to clean up pile.

3 Likes

Was that the thread that turned in to handbags at dawn and someone got a time out? That’ll be why I can’t find it if so :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Ooooh intrigued :joy:

3 Likes

You’ll never know now :nerd_face: thread just got a little overheated and Mod had to step in, I’m sure the member will be back at some point. ( No guarantee for how long though :sunglasses: )

2 Likes

Hope there’s screenshots :joy:

Such unnecessary drama, supposed to be a fun forum

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that. Not too sure if the average member of the public will understand the different categories etc.!

Cheers :+1:t2: the thread I was looking for referenced laws about public braking the law by approaching you while flying :sunglasses: among others. Was looking to laminate a couple of pages rather than pull out something like war and peace from flight bag :joy: All info appreciated :blush:

Sorry I thought it’s was these that you were looking for :slightly_smiling_face:

The removed posts also referred to article ANO 240

This is also covered in this post

But I do remember @kvetner stating that ANO 240 does not cover a drone though!

1 Like

It’s all appreciated :+1:t2: I’m thinking It’s better to have something at hand to fend off “interested” randoms :sunglasses: so far I’ve not had any issues. I’m definitely bookmarking threads from no on :joy:

1 Like

I’ve not found anything specific in the legislation to say the public can’t bother you while you’re flying. I think the best you could do is point out that you are legally obliged to maintain VLOS while flying, and if they disturb you they are risking the safety of other aircraft (ANO Article 240 does cover that).

However legally you are the one with the obligation to maintain VLOS and to be able to control your flight safely. So you should really be in a position to do so free from interruption. Having an observer present is the easiest way to do this. That’s what you’d be advised on a drone safety training course, but obviously it’s not very realistic.

The only time I’ve had a problem interruption while flying, they agreed to wait until I’d landed the drone safely. If someone is persisting in interrupting you, I don’t think you have any legal right to keep flying if you can’t do so safely.

But if someone finds something in the legislation, I’d be keen to hear about it too!

1 Like

Cheers, but does 240 refair to aircraft that are not small unmanned aircraft. Otherwise ideal

Keep it simple and avoid the “Drone Police” - since wearing one when flying (apart from in the middle of knowhere) I’ve never been challenged by the well-meaning public.

5 Likes

Tell them your working for the council assessing large planning application

4 Likes