South Ayrshire drone policy

Cant find an foi for South Ayrshire via the Dronescene link, and no indication of a drone policy on their website (or archive). Bylaw search turns up nothing either. I’m assuming they don’t have anything.
Anyone know their stance re toal from council land and their highways?

1 Like

I’ve never found anything either. Just go fly! :+1:

1 Like

Roger that … already had some fun near Dunure.

The sea is so clear !!

I’m sure I have seen something somewhere about drones being banned in the area, but it’s pish so go out and enjoy yourself, mind and post some nice pics :grin:

All I can find is this…

I’d like to see the full text on the sign and whether it misleads into thinking it’s entirely prohibited or gives brief explanation of how to get permission from the airport to fly in that airspace.

Because if they mislead in that they give the impression it’s wholly prohibited it might be something to take up with the CAA’s airspace access reporting form.

We would encourage anyone with concerns regarding the operation of a drone in their area to dial 999 immediately, quoting the unique reference number located on the No Drone Zone signage if present.”

I thought 999 was for emergencies, flying a drone outside of a NFZ is hardly a 999 emergency. The wording in the article is encouraging people to dial 999 if they see a drone “in their area” sign or no sign. Think old bill have opened a can of worms there.

The wording of the article suggests it’s about drones being flown inside the FRZ. Are they suggesting these signs are being put up outside the FRZ as well then? :thinking:

I’m in South Ayrshire a lot shooting weddings and the only place where I’ve seen those signs is in Troon at one of the popular beach car parks (marked with an arrow). The car park is in Prestwick’s FRZ.
@JoeC also posted about this - Loch Doon #NoDroneZone