Tell us about your first drone

come on tell us how many amazon cheapy drones you got in your collection :grinning:

Hi for me first drone was holystone hs720g second hand from ebay without battery, added a the battery from amazon, had a few fly offs with it, but always found the rth worked well. Now have a mp3 pro and must say its good.

Newbie to the world of drones & still learning, so my mav air 2 is my first & only drone but now thinking of getting something sub 250 grm soon, just not sure which one to go for .

Enjoy your new badge

https://greyarro.ws/badges/136/fleet-operator

First drone ( many years ago) was the DJI Phantom 3 standard when it first came out. ( now retired from flight) Had to buy my first smartphone at the same time to connect to it. :wink::wink:

DJI Mavic Air

Crashed into Lancaster Canal after a few months - recovered and the remains sold as spares, which helped fund an Air 2 and a Mini 2 which I still use to this day

thank you this is my main baby

get yourself a mini 2se you wont regret it

i did spoil her just a bit with posh propellors x

this was the replacement for my 1st drone, a syma x50 and i love it

My first drone was a DJI Spark! In red! I loved that drone was so much fun!

It did have a habit of shooting off lol but I got used to that.

If I could find a cheap one now I’d buy it just for fun :heart:

Bought my first drone off Temu for £15.74 a few weeks ago, flew it in the garden and crashed into a tree then took to a local field where it went up and flew off into the sunset never to be seen again
I now have a Mini SE 2 and absolutely love it!!

1 Like

1st drone I flew was my sons Xmas present about 10yrs ago.
He was flying ok then gave me a go told me the controls the wrong way round as his drone was leaving the park and heading over some houses where we watched it fall out the sky ……… one upset kid and 10mins hunting eventually found it as a rather irate woman came storming out her drive with it in her hand ……… had landed in her rose bush :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Now flying an Air 2 (my own one) and love flying it when I get time.

1 Like

My first drone was a home-build… back before you could buy one in a store or online… carbon fibre pipes and a chassis made from a custom designed circuit board, an UrduPilot APM, Oilpan sensor board, XBee telemetry, Video Transmitter and RC receiver… sadly, it was about as predictable and stable as my ex’s mood swings!!!

I later upgraded the frame to a 3DR carbon body and added ultra sonic height sending and an optical flow sensor for stability, I still have it here but not powered it up in years!!

6 Likes

I’ve still got the holy stone 720 E and 720G. I didn’t trust them at all and I had a lot of problems controlling them despite calibrating before every flight. The Rth always worked though. I now have the Air 2S which I have a lot of confidence in and is a great drone

2 Likes

Does this count?
Syma S107. Indoors only and no camera but allowed me to get used to manoeuvring using the joystics.
Moved on to a Mini 4 Pro.

2 Likes

I had one of those to amuse my grandson. It worked really well and was good fun for the few minutes of battery life and when the weather was calm. A gust caught it and disappeared into a load of thick brambles never to be seen again.