The Daily Photo Thread

Great shot, shows the colours great. I’m literally 3 days in to having the mini 2 from the mini so finding lot of nice new things…the range, no wind warning lights and the FPV on the gimbal which is a nice touch

1 Like

Hats off that’s a cracking photo!

Thank you Adam. luck more than anything

love the colours. nice one

1 Like

50mtrs above houses and 50mts above groups of people then show them you licence then show them your fingers :v:

Spotted a “Satellite Train” with the Mini 2 :rofl:

Swindon is currently covered in a blanket of low cloud, so I flew above them to grab some shots.

More photos here.

7 Likes

I had a few minutes to spare waiting for my son’s train tonight and put the Mini 2 up. Got a couple of quick shots of Bangor Castle and the town centre.

13 Likes

Cheers Mike :+1:

I shouldn’t really be flying in Kingsbury Water Park but how often am I going to get the chance to get some morning mist on an actual day off. Was early enough that hardly anyone about and walked past the head ranger (whose actually alright, so don’t want to nark him) as I was heading back! :smirk:

Sadly no breaks in the cloud just made it all a bit rather dull and grey, none the less:

17 Likes

Hi. Recently, I’ve been trying vertical panorama shots, stitching 3 manually taken images from different gimbal angles. These are quite fun for showing a subject and the horizon in the same image, and are a useful format for sharing on Instagram. Here’s one from this morning…

The iPhone app I use is PanoStitcher (free) which works OK, although I need to rotate the images 90 degrees first, so it thinks it’s a horizonal pano. Additional image edit in LensDistortions (free version).

20 Likes

Never understood why DJI dropped this feature from the M2

1 Like

Good effort. May try that. I generally do a wide angle pano and then resize the ratio using the native photos app on iPhone which lets you move it around for those ‘Instagram bangers’

1 Like

Nice pic @pointymac. Never really tried many pano shots. I think I,ll give it a go next time I,m out. :+1:

2 Likes

Moving a bit of silt on the River Trent

9 Likes

Great shot, looks like a nice area

Congrats :clap:

• Bonus point if in motion :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for NOT being yellow :white_check_mark:
1 Like

@firstadekit great photo, really like it

1 Like

Good to see it’s all working well Ade.
I like the swing bridge and priory.
I almost crashed my Mavic Pro at the swing bridge a while ago!

Yes it’s a tight space on that bridge, especially with the trees.

I’m heading back out to Alvecote shortly doing practise run capturing trains in the field off alvecote lane. should be there in about 30 mins, and will walk along the canal path towards Pooley Country Park and see if I can get the momument from the canal path during golden hour (Warwickshire County Council run the park and have a no drone policy so having to TOAL from the canal path) Doubt I’ll be able to keep VLOS for long but will see what the score is. If you’re not busy, head down! :smiley:

Thanks for the invite Ade.
I’m not firing on all cylinders today … not a hangover but something similar from prescription medicines … life can be crap as you get older mate.
It’s a good day for it today and I would have loved to be out. a
We can arrange a meet up soon Ade.
It’s a good shot looking directly down onto the monument.
Good luck.