The Daily Photo Thread

I went back to Avebury today, to see how much more the River Kennet has flooded. I wanted to stop for a few hours, but I to get back for a 2nd viewing on the house I am buying. I would head back out to Avebury after the viewing to catch the sunset.

Little did I know, it would be a day of coincindences …

First I ventured to Silbury Hill, normally there is no water there, other than a tiny, 6 foot wide River Kennet meandering past it.

1. After I packed up, I met a chap from Reading called Rob about to fly his Mini 3 Pro. We started chatting and decided to give him my card. He then told me he watched my Avebury video this morning (on how this whole place used to be flooded) before coming down here, and said he’s subbed to my channel. I told him about this forum and recommended that he join, he said he would, then we parted company.

2. When I got back to the carpark, I met a chap called Kevin. He was just unpacking his Mini 3 Pro. We started chatting, gave him my card and again, recommended that he join GADC. He said he’s already on here, but hasn’t been droning for a year, but now getting back into it. Hello @kev.donovan :wave:

3. I headed back and attended my house viewing. There was a different Estate Agent chap this time, Paul. Whilst looking around the property he said he was a commercial drone pilot. We got taking, exchanged cards and once again, I recommend that he join GADC. Low and behold, he’s already on here! Hello @DeemanWings :wave:

Silbury Hill at lunchtime, the largest manmade hill in Europe:

Avebury just before sunset, the River Kennet burst its banks, with Avebury Henge and Stone Circle in the background:

Back to Silbury Hill to catch the sunset:

16 Likes