The Daily Photo Thread

Finally managed to get out with my drone last night.

Lots of ‘things’ came together.

Lockdown restrictions easing in Wales. Nice weather. Tide in the right place. Sunset at a time that suited me. Some wispy clouds in the sky. One battery for my drone charged and ready. A work based ‘steps’ challenge meant I easily hit my 10k steps for the day.

There was probably more, but so happy to get it out and stretch its tiny legs and me to get the grey matter flexing on how to fly it again.

Here is what is left of the MFV Altmark - ran aground June 12th 1961.

26 Likes

Oooo … nice!!! :+

2 Likes

That is rather lovely!

1 Like

Busy night at Drax, must be something decent on TV

15 Likes

After the rainbow lightning storm. Cotteridge Birmingham. Day 2. 2nd flight. Breathtaking spectacle!!
What a buzz.

5 Likes

What happened in the last pic there @wickett?

Lightroom

Ooo rain stopped. Golden Hour… Im good to fly :grinning:

If I recall correctly, the cooling towers to the right of the photo are the ones cooling the turbine water from the biomass powered turbines, and the ones to the left are the coal fired turbines, just ticking over. They can’t shut the furnaces off totally or they will crack when they cool down, so they just keep them bimbling along, not really producing electricity.

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but you do know there is a crop tool in Lightroom do you?
Nice photo BTW.

1 Like

Little update on that, there are 6 engines each with 2 cooling towers and yes the left were coal and right biomass, now 4 engines are biomass so 2 of the towers on the left are biomass too.

The plan is to change the remaining 2 engines to bio in early 2021, before the deadline of 2023 to have no coal fired power stations in the UK.

Pano of the Uffington White Horse Hill and Castle (more available here; Uffington Castle and White Horse - Neolithic

7 Likes

Thanks. I’m new to Lightroom. I just tossed them in after checking the first minute of a YouTube how to panorama tutorial and then dashed out to to fly before it got dark. I do layout for a magazine in Indesign so I’m used to straight and aligned all day long. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’ll get used to it quick enough, I’ve not used it in months due to other things going on.

I only used it as a stitcher really. Not sure about it ingesting my photos to the Adobe cloud. My photo library is a mess already

A few you might enjoy.

33 Likes

stunning mate, really nice.

1 Like

Thanks Steve, appreciate your comment.

1 Like

Superb, carefully chosen time of day to get that lighting as well.
:+1: :+1: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

You got some cracking images there, well done.

1 Like