The Daily Photo Thread

If they are on the SD Card, yes … tho there’s something about the way the image is processed in Hanger that’s probably not in the source images.

The camera can only take the same pics whichever the app (albeit perhaps different exposure/profile/etc) … so I’m thinking the consistent superiority in the Hanger pano must be their processing.
I may be wrong …

We should definitely do a comparison of images processed by Hangar vs processed locally.

I agree that it’s down to the processing on their side but would be cool to see the difference.

The images on the SD card can’t have been processed by Hanger … only on the device by the app.
I’ve not seen Hanger in use … thought someone said, a few months ago, the images are uploaded to Hanger by the app and stitched (and therefore probably processed) on their server.

Sorry that’s what I meant. By images I meant the full pano from Hangar server vs files Hanger took processed locally on third party software.

1 Like

Got ya! :+1:

1 Like

and only 15mins from my home

No but I will on Sunday will use PTGUI perhaps

1 Like

Yep downloaded a copy of PTGui and it stitched 20 images within 1 min if that. Good thing about PTGui is you can add control points if it struggles to create the final image. I used to use this software with my NIKON D3 and stitched Massive images together as a hobby. Used a 10.5mm 2.8 fisheye and shot portrait with a pro 360 head. Shame I don’t do this anymore camera and head now collecting dust.

Yes … I’ve used it many times, albeit only the trial version.
ICE works well and quickly, albeit without the nudging ability, or a few other things.
What took me time earlier was Photoshop locking up processing the 34 RAW images.
More to the point … does the result resemble the Hanger version?

1 Like

Did Hanger create RAW, or only jpg?
(That probably depends on the MP settings, anyway?)

@OzoneVibe I was thinking that only a few moments ago. The Spark only shoots JPEG but the Air will shoot Jpeg and Raw. Shame the Hangar does not shoot HDR or multiple exposures.
Now that would be something.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure that they are…

Hangar asks you to click something to download the images from the AC to the app (which takes a while too). It then asks you if it can upload to their servers. A vital question really as you wouldn’t want to send a shed load of hi res pics over 3G!

They’re then stitched by Hangar (on their servers) and possibly post-processed too? Unsure…

No, it overrides any settings you have and does JPG only, which is bloody annoying because it doesn’t then switch RAW back on! Bastards caught me out a few times in the past, didn’t realise I had no RAWs till I got home :cry:

That said, this was all on ’ v1’ of Hangar on my iPad Mini. I’ve not used their current v2 app as I’d switched to CrystalSky by then so hopefully they’ve tweaked that part :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see in that where the processed images are sent back to the MP’s SD Card.
:confused:

1 Like

We may be talking at crossed purposes here :slight_smile:

I thought you were saying that Hangar can’t process the pics on the AC SD card, only the low res cached pics on the device / app.

But it’s the other way around, Hangar will only process the hires pics from the AC SD card as you first have to click something in Hangar app which then downloads the hires pics from the AC, to the app. The app then uploads them to Hangar.

But what you may have been asking was, can we get the post-processed pics back from Hangar. In which case, no, they don’t send anything back to the app at all :slight_smile:

In real terms, by the time you’ve stitched 20 (I believe in the case of Hangar) images together, you have a frigging large image that’s only going to need to be resized downwards to be of any real use. So RAW isn’t essential … but would be nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can’t find that these woods have a name on any maps …

A bit of 5 step AEB going on here …

3 Likes

A bit of sunset flying …

7 Likes

Nice one. Was slightly windy here, but I managed to get an okay one just after sunset too.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Are you in a car park there Dave?!