The Daily Photo Thread

On the start screen select “change preferences”. Then set compatibility to “Camera RAW 2.4 and later”. It should then allow DNG files to be opened by Photoshop CS2.

If you still cannot open DNG in CS2, then try installing the latest Camera Raw plug-in from here …

1 Like

Hi …great thanks I will try that :grinning:

If you do install Camera Raw plug-in, don’t use the latest version, as that does not support CS2. Instead use the earlier version; “Camera Raw 10.5 installer” at the bottom of the page in the link above.

2 Likes

A mate of mine owns the fields opposite the Windmill and I’m often practicing my FPV over there :ok_hand:t2:

One of those tanks (photo 3) is used to breed baby swamp monsters, which are then let free in the lagoons shown in photo 2.

Well, that’s what I think is going on.

It’s nice there when it snows, I will have to pop back some time!

Don’t forget that on Drone Scene you can now tag if you’ve visited someone’s flight location :wink:

2 Likes

The Manchester Ship Canal near Lymm.

11 Likes

Birmingham City Centre. Bit noisy as took the pics in auto as was rushing about as a police chopper kept coming and going over the Christmas market so was a case of get up when I could and not muck about for too long. Hopefully next time will take on some of the advice for night photos when I don’t feel rushed. Didn’t want to waste the ridiculous car parking prices! :laughing:

13 Likes

Had a mminute to get a couple shots of Pleasley pit just missed the golden minute by about 10 mins. But honestly to cold for flying Had 5 mins in the air and retreated back to the car😂

7 Likes

Only a 10 minute drive outside of Swindon lies Stanton Country Park. It’s a hidden gem :heart_eyes:

Full thread here

19 Likes

Cracking photos mate :heart_eyes:

The noise is caused by too much ISO. Auto has a tendency to do that at night. The 1st image is ISO 400 and 0.1 second shutter speed. If you do opt for manual next time, I would try reducing the ISO to 100 (the lowest) and set the shutter to 0.5 seconds (and work up from there), as there isn’t a lot of movement in these shots :+1:

Alternatively, you can always deNoise it in post 😉

Couple of night shots (first ever ) just off J26 M1

9 Likes

Thanks, been playing with Lightroom this evening, and reduced the noise a fair bit and found a balance with detail.

Thanks for the settings advice, will have a go next time. Was kinda my intention to do that anyway, but as I mentioned Police copper was coming and going so didn’t really want to be flying blind if I had to move quickly (as soon as reduce ISO to 100 in the dark, you pretty much can’t see anything on the screen!)

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Took advantage of a break in the weather (mainly wind) to nip across to The Chevin and take a couple of snaps of bucolic Belper.

10 Likes

A few from a quick flight today once the snow had stopped. And a bit of messing about in post!

21 Likes

@CSB73 No3 for me

1 Like

Cheers Alan :+1:

A couple of panos of a wintry South Lanarkshire.

Black Hill - 5 image manual pano - Mavic 2 Pro - 1/240sec @ f5.6, 100iso.
(Black Hill is a Scheduled Ancient Monument as it is the location of a burial cairn from the Bronze Age and an Iron Age fortress.)

Looking south from Black Hill - 3 image pano - Mavic 2 Pro - 1/240sec @ f10, 100iso.

…and who knows what these are?

21 Likes

@Drumsagard…Fir tree saplings ?

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: Obviously too easy lol, I thought it may take a bit longer than that.

1 Like