The Daily Photo Thread

NIce shot Chris. I like the positioning of the sun above the lighthouse. Did you try one with the sun behind the glass?

1 Like

Thank you so much John. An honour coming from you. The light at Elgol was constantly changing. We stayed overnight in the camper van on that road to Elgol and arrived at Elgol at about 7.30am. Because of the ‘heavy’ weather, the boat to Loch Coruisk could not go until 11am, so we had a little time to wait.

1 Like

@clinkadink Many thanks Chris - really appreciate your comment. Scotland is so beautiful that you cannot go wrong. The Hamish shot was from a previous trip. He is no more I’m afraid. It was quite sad driving past where he used to live knowing he was no longer there.

2 Likes

@milkmanchris nice break from work Chris ? …my day off = wallpapering

1 Like

Couldn’t get far enough back ;o(

1 Like

Some University of Birmingham sunrise shots

16 Likes

So many memories. A little less beer and there would have been considerably more. :+1:

I posted these on the local FB ‘community’ page. First time I’ve bothered, thought I’d see what the response was like as been as a fair few drone pictures of the recycling plant fire did the rounds. Surprised it took till this evening for someone to pipe up about not liking their garden potentially photoed at any point of the day or night. I politely pointed out Google Earth, Apple Maps, Bing Maps, OpenStreetView etc etc as well as being polite about drone rules and linked them to the drone code, said I’d happily blur out her garden or remove the offending picture if she liked under GDPR as well making myself available to talk about what people can and cannot do with drones in a residential area. We’ll see what comes next. For the most part it’s been a positive response, but I don’t think I’ll make the habit of sharing. I didn’t bother with the night ones for example.

2 Likes

This is where replacing a garden with a puerile willy drawing is so tempting. :stuck_out_tongue:

[Note to self - don’t post after a bottle of wine. :+1:]

Not sure how the regulation covers gardens.

Unless it’s written on a piece of paper 6m x 15m … it won’t cover mine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s a case of being polite with the locals, and similar to the doorbell cameras I would have assumed.

Drone Code does state you should offer to remove any offending pictures under GDPR for people’s right to privacy in places where they should expect it.

I think you’re entitled to a bit of privacy in your back garden if I’m honest. Although what the hell are people doing in their back garden where they expect privacy when the next door neighbours and opposite back garden can see in anyway. Other than, you know, naughty stuff. I expect the poster has a hot tub or something.

Anyway, taking this off topic. Feel free to merge into a ‘law chat’ thread or something if it’s taking off the focus. My fault really for posting about the FB feedback here. Apologies

A few from a frosty foggy morning on the Levels, Somerset.

13 Likes

Like the University shots, it’s an interesting set of buildings.
Re posting on local FB pages I have posted a few of our village on our local page and have always found lots of appreciation and encouragement.
I always take care which frames I post for the same reasons you mention.
If the offending picture was of the fire weren’t people asked to stay inside because of the fumes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 …all good but No3 is magic :star_struck:

1 Like

Stunning images Steve! :+1: love number three, but oh how I wish you’d got that little tower on the thirds, I’m not a fan of dead centre lol I really need to persuade my wife that we need to holiday in Somerset :smiley:

2 Likes

Boss allowed me to escape early at 3pm, so I headed out to Wiltshire’s highest point. Went there last week, but it was crap weather, and wanted to see this in the golden hour :wink:

Tried out the M2P with ND filters, I already had on ND8, realised it was too dark so swapped it for a lighter one. I then realised instead of adding ND4, I added ND16 :man_facepalming: After swapping again, the sun had gone down. But still managed to rescue these …

Some mobile phone pics here …

15 Likes

Great pics, Yesterday in the rush to get the drone in the air, I totally forgot I even had ND filters! :see_no_evil:

Glad I’m not alone :joy:

@clinkadink …filters that came with my Air2 combo are 16 …64…& 256. Wonder when I will ever use them ? 16 maybe but the other 2 ?

1 Like