The Daily Photo Thread

Straight from the card

5 Likes

Awesome image, I need to get me a mini 2 lol my mavic mini has range issues lol

Looks awesome, nice job! Very dramatic sky

1 Like

Got my first proper flight in with my new mini 2. Always wanted to get up close-ish to a windmill and get some shots and the weather was perfect but a little late in the day for lighting. Here’s the result, edited in LR to look a bit prettier lol.

11 Likes

That was your first proper flight, balls of steel! :joy:

:joy: I had a spark before this so have a little experience but the mini 2 is on a whole other level (minus the tracking feature :frowning: )!

1 Like

@milkmanchris … Hi Chris, they say “the camera never lies” …but I’ve taken photos of brilliant looking sky’s and the images have been disappointing …was the human eye view of this scene more spectacular than your “straight from the card” image

It was a good sky but not enough sun coming through’ hence the Snapseed.

The original image is pretty much as it was just couldn’t get the gimbal high enough to have the sky as the exposure point

Nice Work
:metal:

Absolutely stunning pictures, very well done…

1 Like

Beautiful sunset yesterday, manually stitched pano comprising 9 photos (3 sets at AEB).

14 Likes

Kingsbury Lakes, Warwickshire

10 Likes

In peak summer cough when the rangers have gone home cough you can get some epic sunset shots over Bodymoor water.

Was over in East Lothian this morning so took time out for a quick pic of the bridges from North Queensferry.
Mavic 2 Pro - 7 image HDR

18 Likes

Brilliant picture. Well done…

1 Like

Thanks Abby :+1:

A day out at the Brecon Beacons today, mainly Pen y Fan. It was blue skies all the way from Swindon to the Beacons. Unfortunately, after parking up and I got my first sight of the mountain, I quickly realised the summit was covered in cloud :man_facepalming:

I walked from Pont ar Daf car park up the track, along with hundreds of other walkers (it was very busy). A 4 mile round trip. It took me about 2 hours to get to the top (stopping every 5 minutes and watching grannys whizz past me on sticks :pensive:). After reaching the top, it was bitterly cold, lots of ice and very windy (I checked UAV forecast which said the opposite). The peak is 886m, making it the highest mountain in Southern Britain. Not one to give in, I launched the Mini 2 (not the M2P due to the number of people) and tried to see where the clouds ended, above and around the summit. It took just over 350’ to punch through the clouds, and I then saw that they went on forever in all directions around the summit.

I managed to get a photo with my phone of me standing by the “886m sign”:

Photo from the summit, which is 886m, so the Mini 2 is about a 1km above sea level :wink:

Some photos shot with the DJI Pocket 2 here:

I decended the mountain, out of the cloud, and found some reservoirs.

Beacons Reservoir:

Llwyn-on Reservoir, and looking North to Pen y Fan:

Castell Coch:

21 Likes

@clinkadink ……great images Chris well worth the journey and the effort ….the mini2 image looks like a sea of cotton wool ……well done

Cheers Alan! It was a busy day, my knees are knackered today :laughing:

@clinkadink ….worse coming downhill ? I had no bother with my knees going up but downhill I’m really slow and the start to ache very quickly , had torn cartlidge repairs in both so a bit better than they were ….just over cautious with any activity now