The Daily Photo Thread

Finally got a combine!

11 Likes

Congratulations - I love those machines. :tractor:

Sunset over Tynemouth Pier
Took a stroll down the seafront last night to see the super moon (which looked good to the naked eye but was just a dot on my drone image :frowning_face:), while waiting for it to rise I took a shot of the sun setting with Tynemouth Pier in the foreground. Tynemouth Pier is located on the north side of the river with South Shields Pier on the south, together they create a sheltered entrance to the river Tyne gateway to The Port of Tyne.

17 Likes

All’s not lost tho lovely pic ! :+1:t2:

I love the way that single wispy cloud is lit by the dying sun’s rays. It’s a lovely photo!

A night view of Norwich. Featuring Norwich Market, City Hall, and the Cathedral of St John the Baptist.

11 Likes

This is a Mini 2 pic of Toomebridge I took today when I was up getting a country house hotel photo for the GADC 5th Birthday Challenge. The nearest bridge is the old Toome Bridge, immediately behind it is the eel fishery, and in the distance is the new bridge, completed along with the new bypass in 2004. Taken from the Lockkeeper’s Cottage at the canal.

8 Likes

I’ve been down in Lyme Regis over the last few days (got some good footage of the Jurassic coast) and watched the super moon rise on Thursday night. Did briefly think about sending the drone up - but figured people in surrounding houses might not be best pleased…
What kit do you fly with? I’m interested to know if it’s worth attempting moon shots in the future.
Ps. Fabulous photo!

Sandbagger…We have a problem !

Hi @professorfarrrow , to tell you the truth Alex I’m ashamed posting this image …Super Moon I think not ! …I was standing about 500m away from the lighthouse and this glorious red moon was alongside and appeared taller than the lighthouse, I took off and flew towards the lighthouse buzzing with excitement but look at what the drone saw, I thought where’s it gone am I seeing things, I’m flying the same as you Mavic air 2 so obviously restricted for flight but this was not a problem I took off from a coastal path and flew within the rules of article 16. Obviously the camera can’t capture a suitable moon shot ( sounds like NASA terminology) I’m sure one or two of our camera wizards will explain why , apertures focal length etc

4 Likes

A lot of what we see in our own eyes is an optical illusion, cameras don’t see or record things the way our brains interpret them. City centre nightscenes being a good one, our brains will make it look it dull, but the camera still records all the wonderful colours if set right.

1 Like

Willington

4 Likes

A few images from my place of work today. I was photographing a wedding at Airth Castle near Falkirk. It is reportedly one of Scotland most haunted hotels.
The overgrown ruins to the left of the castle is the former parish church of Airth.

Airth Castle - Mini 3 Pro

8 Likes

Willington

16 Likes

I went down to Bangor Marina this morning hoping to acquire a couple of treasure hunt photos but there wasn’t much doing so I headed off to try Groomsport and Donaghadee harbours instead. Unfortunately there was even less happening there as both these harbours had hardly any water - tide tables would have been useful and might have saved me a journey :slightly_frowning_face: . Rather than let it be a wasted trip I headed back via the small country roads and got a few shots with the Mini 2.

The first photo is of Bangor, Co. Down, taken from Groomsport golf driving range. The others are of a nearby hayfield.

10 Likes

Took the Drone out to a park near the Salisbury Cathedral. Snapped a few shots of opportunity. Was more just trying to log some practice flight time and scout out the local area.

8 Likes

A handful from the Bridgwater Classic Car show today. Mini SE everything on auto no manipulation other than cropping.
(Find the Batmobile)

8 Likes

@Sandbagger may I ask the camera settings you used for this shot?

@Solveitnow ……The pier ? ……auto settings image enhanced in lightroom

Saint Hugh’s Charterhouse - Carthusian Monastery

14 Likes

That’s a beaut!