The Daily Photo Thread

Thanks Mike!

Taken from a much reported fire in Nottinghamshire, less than 1/3 of a mile away from my garden :

Day 1 AM :

By the afternoon, it had grown hugely :

Evening photos Day1

Morning of Day 2 - Much much better to see

7 Likes

Thats going to be one hell of a fir to put out with all those tyres goibg up in smoke.
:astonished::astonished:

Is that the Retford job ?

I’m in no way being critical, as they are very impressive photos.

I was listening to the Blue Sky podcast recently, and they were discussing “General Offence 8” (I think it was called). It was a new one on me, and referred to not being allowed to fly anywhere near any emergency incident.

The police representative said that there was no limit on the range of the exclusion zone, and does not require a temporary NFZ to be set up, but he implied just flying anywhere near an emergency incident means that you are in breach of this law.

I am sure no one on here would do anything to jeopardise an event like this, but I was a little confused that there does not seem to be any restriction on the radius of the NFZ.
My assumption is that common sense should prevail (as it should be)

1 Like

But… :rofl:

Lots of discussion and info here for you:

2 Likes

Yes, thats the one. The fire took place outside Retford behind a couple of villages called Ranskill and Torworth.

I forgot I had commented on it here … I think it was that post that made me listen to the podcast!

Visible from far end of selby (50 or so miles away) third or so in from the right

7 Likes

Quite fair enough too.

Admittedly, I wasnt aware of that one, however a word was had beforehand with a member of the fire services team who advised us that they didnt mind the use of drones with an obvious dab of common sense.

But now that we know that there is a law…then nuff said.

1 Like

Bloody hell! it was quite something, a scary something.

Heres a photo taken with my drone, literally lifting straight up from my garden, peering over the hedge (tall hedge :P) :

6 Likes

Pleasley Colliery

7 Likes

Cliffe Hill Quarry

5 Likes

Lud’s church Peak district, DJI mini 3 pro

9 Likes

The Roaches

5 Likes

The Roaches and Ranshaw rocks

11 Likes

Beautiful Donegal

11 Likes

Went to Grianán of Aileach a few years before I’d got my drone - was impressive from the ground, but from the air gives it a whole different view - thanks for the nice shots.

2 Likes

I’ve been there a few times but not had the opportunity to visit it with the drone yet. Worth going to see not just for the hill fort but also the stunning views of the whole area.

Mini 3 Pro,
The Green Loch, or the fairy :man_fairy: lochan, or An Lochan Uaine, Aviemore, Cairngorms, local legend tells that it gets its green colour due to the fairy folk washing their clothes in it.

5 Likes