The Daily Photo Thread

West Berkshire reading #reflections testing to see if my gimbal still works.

10 Likes

Cannock Chase on Sunday

13 Likes

Deteriorating conditions on the top of Hednesford Hill/Raceway also on Sunday

12 Likes

Approaching a foggy hosehill lake reading

13 Likes

The last rays of this evening’s sun catching The Wallace Tower (or the Barnweil Monument). This is a category-A-listed building dedicated to the memory of William Wallace located on Barnweil Hill
in South Ayrshire, Scotland.

The Wallace Tower - Mini 3 Pro - 5 RAW image HDR merged in Lightroom.

23 Likes

Cracking colours :slight_smile: One of those places where you wonder why more isn’t made of it. I only stumbled on it a couple of years back Googling for monuments for one of the treasure hunt competitions here.

1 Like

Cheers Joe :+1: Yeah, I think it gets over shadowed by its big brother in Stirling. Whenever I’m down in Ayrhsire I tend to detour to it on my way home hoping for some decent light. This evening was the first time I’ve had really nice light (which lasted all of about 5 mins) for a photo.

1 Like

A two hour 15 minute drive to the North Pennines yesterday and ended up with around 10 minutes of clear views before the clouds and light rain descended, the the usual problems trying to get the drone to land :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Not had much flying weather here over the last couple of weeks so this is all I’ve managed to get unfortunately :pensive:

8 Likes

Very moody. :+1:

1 Like

Got this last weekend when my daughter wanted to try and get a sunset shot… sadly, too much cloud cover!

5 Likes

Out for another spin to Avebury area late afternoon. Lovely weather, mostly sunny and no wind. I grabbed these with the Mini 3 Pro, no ND filter.

Avebury Henge with Silbury Hill in the background (2 pano manual )

Silbury Hill (5 x AEB > HDR)

Silbury Hill (5 x 48MP manual > HDR)

Silbury Hill (2 pano manual )

Silbury Hill (5 x AEB > HDR)

11 Likes

12 Likes

Merlin’s Mound, also referred to as Marlborough Mound.

It’s unfortunately locked within the walls of Marlborough College. But easily accessible with the Mini 3 Pro. In case you don’t see the Drone Scene info, this mound was built at the same time (over 4,000 years ago) as Silbury Hill (post above), less than 5 miles to the west.

15 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

I can see your house from there :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful shot Chris. Nicely processed.

Went for a walk yesterday to look at some of the flooding we’ve had. On the way home I remembered about a section of the Tay that would be worth a wander down to and I’m glad I did. It’s a very popular spot in the summer and always crowded, less so at this time of year when the water is really hazardous, especially after days and days of rainfall. The kayakers love it though and there will be some photos of them shortly.

9 Likes

4 Likes