The Daily Photo Thread

Some more from a quick trip out the other day.

11 Likes

The Thames today. A bit misty for too much more sadly

5 Likes

Had to do it - Even if it was windy.

10 Likes

The shot of the bridge is from a recent break in Devon taken with a Phantom 3 Advanced
The 2nd one is an abandoned swimming pool in Bristol taken with a Mavic Pro

8 Likes

very cool shot!

7 Likes

12 Likes

Love the last 2 photos 2 Bonny. :+1:

Love the 2 sunset shots well done!

Or should I say sunrise?

I had some great flights at the end of last week…got loads of pics but I thought I’d share my favourites…

Eynsford Castle, Kent

Abandoned USAF quarters, RAF Upwood, Cambs

The mighty Welland Viaduct, Rutland

St Andrew’s Church, Woodwalton

17 Likes

great photos !

1 Like

very nice

View to the coast on Isle of Wight

10 Likes

Hi @Nick , and welcome to GADC.

It would be great if you posted something about yourself in #introductions if you have a few minutes.

I see you have the Mavic Air … as do many members. So, any questions, and there’ll nearly always be someone with an answer.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet … but the map is useful to know which other members live in your area.

Thanks for having added your location that’s now showing on the map! :+1:

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

I’m quite enjoying Night-Flights at the mo :+1:
The piccys are terrible compared to the standard demonstrated by everyone else - but I’m trying :smiley:
Here’s one from last night…

8 Likes

Looks pretty bloody good to me Dave :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks Rich :+1:
I generally don’t take photos - I just like to fly :wink: - However, I’ve found that the settings on the video feed when it’s on photo make the live feed considerably brighter than when it’s in video mode at night-time, (regardless of ev/iso).

Funny story for you all though… and I suppose it should be in the Daily Photo Thread
I went down to Cronton Lane by the Tarbock roundabout yesterday to fly around the Colliery site before it’s redeveloped over the next few years, (1500 houses and Business units and a park).
There is a side road just opposite it that leads to a farm and an open cast mine, that’s where I parked and launched from.
Shortly after takeoff, a Land Rover drove past me and I thought nothing of it. Later, I pointed the M2 camera back at where I was parked and noticed the car had parked up facing me with his car partially hidden around a slight bend and hadn’t continued to the farm or the mine.
I took some photos during landing and I’m unsure of what the chap was doing. Don’t forget - When I turned around I couldn’t see anything apart from the headlights and the farm is quite a way further down the lane.
I’ll let you lot theorise as to what was going on.
(I later found out that this road used to be notorious for dogging! :rofl: )

Where I am for reference… I’m at the lower edge of frame under the N/A

1 Like

:open_mouth:

And you just happened to stumble upon this location… :thinking:

:rofl:

2 Likes

100% true story!
:blush:

1 Like