Eggborough Power Station

I’m surrounded by these things, I find them strangely beautiful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggborough_power_station

25 Likes

Whoa!!!

How angry does that sky look :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Cracking photo @milkmanchris :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

All trickery I’m afraid, normal winter sunset with a little cloud.

I noticed the rays on the original, turned the levels right down setting the ground as dark point in PS and this was the result

4 Likes

Amazing one mate…Spaceship from above me thinks
What did you take this with ??

1 Like

@m2bfx Took this with the Mavic Pro, the grain adds to the effect but its really because its a quarter of the full frame

@milkmanchris great shot

1 Like

Not as close as it looks (but pretty close)

Drax Power, a mile away from where I live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drax_power_station

26 Likes

@milkmanchris thanks also for the info on Drax…
I have passed this place a million times
Cheers

After decided to keep the Air, I took it out with me whilst we went on a walk. -1, and 13mph winds, but still seemed stable. Quite overcast, but snowy. The last photo is of Eastnor Castle, I didn’t want to get too close as it was my first flight with it… Also there’s some filming for an American drama series on the grounds at the moment apparently so didn’t want to get in trouble…

9 Likes

Snow in Midsomer Murders land…

8 Likes

Great photos.

Wow, that’s a lot of snow. Sun’s out up here. Looks like a summer day till you step outside.

1 Like

So I just got back from Ljubljana, Slovenia. They have the same sort of drone code as we do and I managed to get up a few times despite the shitty weather. I did get my little flag so that was one thing, and I got these shots as well:

9 Likes

Sunset over Phantom 3

14 Likes

Nice - the castle in Ljubljana is much more photogenic from the air than the ground, where I thought it was a bit of a disappointment.

Predjama Castle looks good too. Shame you didn’t get out to Lake Bled, that would be stunning from the air.

We did get to Lake Bled and it did look amazing, however it was raining far too much to allow JayForceOne the clearance to fly…high end electronics + rain equals sad face.

I’m taking the Mavic out to sea tomorrow to hopefully capture some nice footage of the dive boat as we head out for adventure and glory, and I’ll post some good stuff if I get any…

Meanwhile…went out for a very windy one battery flight at the old favourite Hadleigh Castle and got some nice stuff…

9 Likes

Yeah ain’t that the truth!

I find you’re flying from the boat, keep an eye on the old RTH situation mate, especially if your boat is moving.

You might want to change the disconnect settings, so it hovers rather than flys home, as home may have moved further across the ocean eh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

totally that. I’ll be watching that stuff like a hawk.

Not the brightest day in Bournemouth today

12 Likes

Love that place, aint been down for a while

1 Like