The GADC Drone Relay Challenge Discussion Thread

Hey guys, sorry ive been away. For some reason I didn’t get pinged, I will have to check my email settings!

You need help flying Cornwall? I’m in St Ives and Hayle most days if you need any of the far West part covered. I would love to be involved. Let me know.

2 Likes

evening, any thoughts on when we are hoping to get the relay started?

It shouldn’t be too far away. I think everything is just about in place hardware and software wise. I’ll need to have a trawl through all the posts above and maybe do an @clinkadink to remind us who the first participant is, but I know he is really busy getting himself and the portable dogging spot ready for Some Big Meat And I think he’s also still waiting on the butchers window sticker arriving “Pleased to meet you, With meat to please you” before he can finish off?

joe, i think being the first is my honour, oh suits you!

That’s good cos I’ve not had time to check!!!
I take it you are able to start off from Landsend?

@lee we are just about ready to go, are you still up for it?

2 Likes

evening, yes definitely

1 Like

let me know what you need from me

We will need you to PM your postal address (with proof) and also your Flyer ID to the Challenges Committee by clicking on the avatar, and then the message button

probably me being an idiot, but cant find the message button after clicking on the avatar, what do you count as proof just a photo of bill or something more

@Challenges_Committee You’ll have to initiate the PM to any non paid members :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve added North York Moors area to the map.

3 Likes

images

Despite the fact we are in the middle of the GADC Birthday Challenge we are now ready to start on this mammoth challenge. There is no time limit, there are no points, there are no prizes.
Just the satisfaction from knowing that we, as a club, flew a single drone the length and breadth of the country and documented every step.
Why?
COS WE CAN!!!

@lee has volunteered to start us off down in the South West, from here we shall slowly make our way North until we reach as far as we can. There is no prescribed route so the drone Gods will take us wherever she goes

2 Likes

So now the drone is on it’s way to @lee, we need to know who he is going to hand over to for the next leg.
Any takers out there?
Lee if you can post in here how far you can travel, where you could meet?
@clinkadink do you have a link for the latest member map you were graciously doing?

3 Likes

I think the map is here

And how to add yourself is here

2 Likes

further up the thread there is someone interested in hand over will try and find, think its banksy

@Banksy71 is next up…

I and the Midlands folk will cover that area so just let me know when it is due to reach the bottom of our map section

lets hope its not the scilly isles!!!

@Banksy71 I believe you are up for the next leg?
@lee can you confirm if you are finished and ready to pass the drone on? And of course post your results in The Drone Relay Challenge Thread when time allows