The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

oops thanks thought it had attached

Whilst I love canoeists - it was Chris @ResilienceUAV who is missing.

1 Like

Nice photo. Looks like you are going to be the one to catch…

Well done!

Thanks John 3 points added :+1:t2:

And on a considerably cooler day, the expert committee members have updated the Leaderboard
6m93i9

Just one more note. Please include all relevent information in your entry post or else…

Item 9. A Country house hotel (Website or guide book entry to prove)

Taken today 18:26, DJI Mini 3 Pro. Nailcote Hall Country House Hotel

Hotel link that states it’s a ‘county house hotel’ https://www.nailcotehall.co.uk

Claming bonus points for

• Marquee erected on lawn
  • Series Landrover or Defender in car park (red car furthest right to the entrance)
  • Drone Scene entry

Now to do some proper planning now the great West Midlands temporary FRZ kicks into action on Friday.

1 Like

Ade, we are having difficulty in finding a Landrover Defender or a Series Landrover in the picture. Could you indicate the vehicle you mean so that we can take a closer look, please?

Think I’m getting mixed up with Range Rover? :joy:

Sorry Ade, we thought that’s what you had done as well. Without sounding like we are teaching granny to suck eggs (we hope) it is always worth a quick look at Wikipedia. It’s actually quite informative on Series Landys, The “traditional” DEfender and the one introduced a couple of years ago.

It’s cool, apart from F1, cars really ain’t my thing. Land Rover/ Range Rover. All look the same! :wink: The marquee was a fluke too, as would the car have been, so happy with what I got! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I claim one bonus point for:

• 24 or more mobile homes

I got home and noticed one pitch was empty and nearly cried given this is my second attempt at this subject. Oh well, good enough.

2 points total, please.

As an aside, though it’s not a point for this subject, I thought it worth pointing out it’s a couple of hundred metres from this Dronescene entry. Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Moor Lane Nature Reserve (Manchester Ship Canal) - Bridges in North West

And with that, a final Trailer Park Boys gif for how I feel about finishing off Subject #22.

Trailer Park Boys Blinds GIF - Trailer Park Boys Blinds Nope - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Cropping is allowable.

Not sure if you can fix it to show the number required? Or that the committee would consider it to extreme a crop! It’s a difficult location to do a decent hack and slash though I must admit! :frowning:

Ah the lament of a frustrated treasure hunter! You have however earned yourself 2 sweet, sweet points towards your total.

1 Like

Yes Chris, as soon as I saw this one I thought of you :smile:

Greg?!

Is that you??

2 Likes

1 Like

Entry

Item 22 A static Caravan Site

Taken 1954 20.07.22 Thorpe park Humberston DJI Mini3 Pro

Bonus point claimed 24 or more mobile homes

Bonus point claimed All pitches occupied

Bonus point claimed 5 or more mobile homes with green roofs

Total 4 points claimed

6 Likes

Even the wee football pitch is occupied :slight_smile:

Four points!

Quick question regarding item 12 Wooden Bridge
"Carrying a wheeled vehicle " would a pedal cycle be classed as wheeled vehicle for this item. For it to be valid would they have to be riding the bike over the bridge,or it it sufficient to be pushing the bike over the bridge.
Thanks

Check the definition of vehicle :slight_smile:
Also, does a car cease to be a vehicle when empty or being pushed?

We tend to use Wikipedia and reputable UK online dictionaries to validate definitions …