The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

checked A vehicle (from Latin: vehiculum [1]) is a machine that transports people or cargo. Vehicles include wagons, bicycles,
Thanks for that having a run out to bridge tomorrow.

c26d4eef7f36cc485e9098510207ceb1--les-ordinateurs-national-laboratory

Forced back into his 40-a-day habit through a combination of extreme heat and an unprecedented onslaught of early entries, Chief Score-O-Matic Technician Roy is starting to wonder if 50p an hour is really worth it…

He has managed to cobble together some points though, so Click the Pic ™ for today’s LEADERBOARD
1 Like

Query re the military site item. Does it still need to be a military site now? Also does the tourist attraction need to be a military themed tourist attraction?

The wording of the subject, which, contrary to belief, is chosen with care, should let you work it out for yourself

taskmaster-all

We have been more generous than last year with amplifying definitions and trying to guide competitors to solutions. The spirit seems to have caught on, contestants are being extraordinarily open in disclosing their plans for all to benefit.

Our help, in open forum at least, will be becoming less. A DM may catch one of the less severe judges in a rare good mood …

A Military site of either World War

There have been two World Wars. The second finished seventy-seven years and a day before this competition finishes.

• Run as a tourist attraction (website or wiki entry to prove)

Many ex military sites retain elements of their military heritage as attractions. Not all.

Thankyou … as a sometime World War 1 particpant once said, “I have a cunning plan”

1 Like

Item 11. A Bowling Green

Taken today 19:21 DJ Mini 3. Bradford Arms. (Has made me realise the Mini 3 is time stamping images in UTC time and not local time (BST) which has confused me, time on controller is correct, probably need to look at the settings in the DJI RC)

Bradford Arms A Vs Brookhill

Claiming bonus points for

• A match in progress (I have a closer up pic of the match if required but figured the pub being in shot was important for the bonus, quite amazed at how many little matches all go one at once)
  • The green attached to a pub
  • Drone Scene entry

And I think that’s all the entries that were pub related. My job here is done.

1 Like

Beverley Aerodrome (Royal Flying Corp training depot No. 36)
(Now, Beverley Racecourse)

4. A Military site of either World War - wiki or website proof to be posted with your image

• Used in First World War but at no point used for military purposes in the Second
  • Aviation use in either war
  • Run as a tourist attraction (website or wiki entry to prove)
  • Gate guardian (an aircraft or vehicle “standing guard” at the entrance}
  • Drone Scene entry

I claim 4 points for:

1 Like

And you would have gotten five points too if it wasn’t for those sneaky army guys in WW2 :frowning:

Yup … darn army

Bonus Drone Ken story at the bottom.

I claim 1 bonus point for:

Norton Water Tower, Runcorn. 21/07/022, DJI Mini 2

So, bonus Drone Ken story.

The site has houses on it and a private road marked as such, and that it has no public right of way.

I was landing my drone outside the boundaries of the private road and land, and an auld fella is walking over heading towards going in. I hover the drone a few metres up and out for him to pass by without my landing causing an obstruction. He passes by and I land it and he’s been peering over his shoulder the whole time and says “You weren’t flying it over there were you?”
“I was, yep.”
“Well, you shouldn’t”
“And why not?”
“Because you’re not allowed.”
Me, incredulously “Yes I am.”
“Oh, ok then.” and he just huffed off.

So, little word of caution for those who might go. There is at least one Ken on site.

2 Likes

Two points added.

1 Like

Lancaster Cathedral

Taken this morning at Oh my god it’s early o’clock 05:54, mini 3 pro
Claiming 2 bonus points
for the spire
no FRZ
Added a Drone scene entry will leave that at the commitees discretion as it is close to an earlier entry for an other subject matter

Lancaster Cathedral - Wikipedia

1 Like

Where? Should be in the post

Ammended sorry

Item 16 An isolated tower (NOT a wind turbine tower)**

• No other structure or buildings within 150m.
  • Drone Scene entry

Claiming 3 points.
Using Mini 2, 20 Jul 22
Drone scene entry:

1 Like

4 Likes

content-2029059914

Taking advantage of a relatively quiet day Professor Fickhäschen conducted the Elementary Sarcasm seminar for this year’s Chall Com interns.

In other news, the leaderboard has new entries, Click the Pic ™ for details
1 Like

24 . A Marina (for boats) - website or guidebook showing name includes “Marina”
• Both sailing boats and power boats moored to the jetties
• Drone Scene entry

Claiming all 3 points

Drone Scene

Simple image with one marina attached, the Kuula panno has at least 3 in so take your pick. Taken on a Mini 3 Pro, approx. 23:15 22/07/2022

4 Likes

Ah, how we judges love springing out of our dormitory bunks at ChallComm HQ to discover fresh entries posted overnight!

However…

Please could you specify which marina is being shown here, and supply a link to the website/photo of guidebook proving that the name includes the word “Marina”?

Sutton Harbour Marina

https://www.tyha.co.uk/marina-details/sutton-harbour-marina

While colloquially it just gets called Sutton Harbour, that is actually the wider area and the full name on paper of this bit is Sutton Harbour Marina