The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

As the competition nears the end of its first week, the Bonus Point department at ChallComm HQ tot up the number of bonuses left on the table in the midst of a flurry of early entries…

Click the Pic ™ for today’s LEADERBOARD

Darren,

Thank you for your entry, but unfortunately we have to refer you back to the competition rules. Specifically:

Unless otherwise specified the image must be a still image as it came from the camera, a single frame from a video. or a screenshot from a phone / tablet / controller screen. The image may show OSD information.

As you will see from the subject text below, there’s nothing specifying that the entry should be a video. Therefore we are currently unable to accept this an an entry.

The rules do allow for an entry to be a single frame from a video, so please feel free to resubmit once you have changed the format of the entry :slight_smile:

Dagnammit!!!
I thought video was allowed!!! Thats what i get for skim reading the rules!!! Sorry boss!

Also…

6m937r

Actually visited Stowmaries about 3 years ago and had an unusual experience. Arrived and parked near entrance barrier. proceeded to walk full length of road viewing exhibits. Then went inside exhibition hut which was very interesting, on the way out walked around a small shop area. Finally went back to the car and left. All quite normal you may think, but no. During the whole visit I did not see another person the place was deserted, no staff, no visitors and during a normal open day. Well worth a visit.

Much! 2 points awarded and thank you for resubmitting.

You’ll be pleased to know given your upload speed that video entries are very much in the minority this year…

1 Like

6, A Church or chapel
With a spire
For a further TWO bonus points - Flight conducted wholly inside an FRZ (Evidence of permission to fly such as an email required)
Drone Scene entry (with correctly entered FRZ permission details)

Claiming 5 points
church/chapel
With a spire
Inside FSZ and permission obtained
DroneScene entry Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Scone New Church - Places of Worship in Scotland

Is that enough or do you need the full email sent to you?

1 Like

Thanks Darren 5 points added to the leader board :+1:t2:

I have to admit I arrived early this morning hoping not to disturb anyone and as soon as I’d launched the drone two cars rocked up, the main boss(Richard) introduced himself and mentioned that flights where not normally permitted inside the 1.5 mile zone. I explained about the club competition and showed him my company business card, and drone registration. His words where quite simple, “by the time I get to my gate Sir I don’t want to see a drone in the sky, thankyou “.
Even after checking apps for FRZ, nothing found, it’s typical that the day I arrived there’s a FRZ in place.:confused:

I like the self portrait Rob @macspite :laughing:

Two birds with one FRZ permission. Nice! :+1:

Four actually :kissing_heart:
Two chuches, the hotel, and a standing stone. All within 10 minutes of eachother :slight_smile:

And yes photos or it didnt happen!!! Or rather dronescene entries :joy:

On closer inspection this appears to be your 3rd entry today. Im afraid you will need to re-post your latest entry again at or after 00:01 :-1:t2:

6np2pf

BOLLOX!!!
Here comes more paddlin’!!!

I did read the rules, honest! I just don’t have a very good memory :frowning:
In my defence I’m trying to get as much done as possible, I’m away to Germany for a week with work on Monday and not taking the drone with me, too much hassle at short notice :frowning:

Like it Rob, :laughing: :laughing:

I’m taking one with me - if the location objects, tough :joy: :joy:

never mind should have gone to specsavers. You should have gone when I did :laughing:

Item 17 A Quarry
Shot on a Dji Mini3 Pro
Couldn’t see a Dragline, so claiming Bonus points for:
*Still in use
*Drone Scene Entry added:

4 Likes

That’s a bloody nice shot :+1:

2 Likes