The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

6, A Church or chapel

• With a spire
  • For a further TWO bonus points - Flight conducted wholly inside an FRZ (Evidence of permission to fly such as an email required)
  • Drone Scene entry (with correctly entered FRZ permission details)

Taken using Mini 2 this evening

I’m claiming 3 points
Church with a spire✔️
Church or chapel✔️
Drone scene entry✔️

3 points added Adrian

1 Like

Quick question for @Challenges_Committee please?
I have been at a site recently where I stumbled on not just one, but FOUR of the subjects listed. One is clearly on exactly the same site as a dronescene entry I have already posted, so I’m discounting that even though I know I can seperate the subject (I don’t think a seperate DS entry will work?)
One other subject is off to the side, only by 100mtrs or so. The other is about half a mile to a mile away. Woukd seperate DS entries count for points? I can send a pm with details for more clarification if required?

Send a PM unless you want to let your fellow contestants in on your plans …

Hehe, not as if we have many contestants in my neck of the woods and it might help others for clarification.
Cultybraggan camp is also host to a large community allotment that is off to the side and can be photographed separately. Easily distinguishable on DS, I think :thinking:

There is an army vehicle on site, but its right in the middle of the already posted site, so hard to distinguish from the camp on DS but still a seperate entry, I think :thinking:

A mile away there is a caravan park that may also fill the criteria and should also be a seperate entry, I think :thinking:

To be honest I’ve pretty much discounted the army vehicle. It’s a bit :sleeping: and would only gain one point.

Read the subject list carefully.

Where a bonus is offered for a Drone Scene entry there is a bonus for a Drone Scene entry.

If no Drone Scene bonus is offered then there is no requirement for a Drone Scene entry.

This is deliberate, to stop Drone Scene becoming cluttered with objects that either move or are of no interest to normal pilots and photographers.

1 Like

Item entry 21. A 5 or 6 a side football pitch

Location Northampton NN4 8PS
Taken 25/7/2022 @21:43
With Dji Mini2

Claming points for:

• Two or more games in progress
  • Floodlit
  • At least one team in yellow shirts

Total of 4 points please

5 Likes

4 points added to the scoresheet :+1:t2:

1 Like

Late to the party I know, but here’s my first entry. I’m claiming 3pts.

Kip Marina, Inverkip - Taken 25/07/2022 - 19:38 - Mini 3 Pro

2 Likes

Welcome to this years Birthday Challenge John!
3 points added to the scoresheet :+1:t2:

Saltwater Brig, a pub on the shore of Strangford Lough, just outside Kirkcubbin, Co. Down. Taken with the Mini 2 today, 12 noon (approx)

Two points please:
A waterside pub (no road between the pub and the water) :white_check_mark:
At least three red table umberellas :x:
Drone Scene entry added :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Today’s 2nd entry: Craigantlet Quarry, near Holywood, Co. Down, taken today, 12.49pm, Mini 2

Three points, please:
A quarry, sand or gravel pit :white_check_mark:
Still in use for original purpose :white_check_mark:
Dragline excavator :x:
Drone Scene entry added :white_check_mark:

PS For the observant among you, there’s also an isolated tower in this photo. It may (or maybe not) be an entry for another day :thinking:

1 Like
  1. A Landscape not in the county in which I live

An area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) or NSA (Scotland)
    A 360 degree panorama (hosted on Kuula)
    Drone Scene entry
    A screenshot of your existing or newly added Members’ Map entry

Taken at Rame Head - CORNWALL on 26/07/2022 with Mini 3 Pro

Drone Scene

Members map:

Claiming all 5 points.

2 Likes

3 points to you!

Given the distance of the shot, you’d be forgiven for thinking that we’d asked for an isolated quarry… :wink:

You’re gonna love my next submission then :joy: aesthetics doesn’t matter right

5 points awarded. And thank you for your Drone Scene entry as well.

For the aid of those who might want to visit what is clearly a stunning location, please could you add the name of the county to your entry?

Aesthetics don’t matter. The scoring minions being able to see what is being claimed for does.

Given the skyrocketing nature of energy costs, we’ve only given them a single birthday candle as a light source. So please ensure any entries/bonuses are clearly visible in your shot.

Hi Paul,

Thank you, but unfortunately we will be unable to accept this entry. By “waterside pub” we are looking for a drinking establishment where the garden/terrace/boundary is directly bordered by water. The inclusion of the clarifier “No road between the pub and the water” was designed to avoid submissions where a pub was over the road from a river or similar.

For the avoidance of doubt, for an entry to qualify there would need to be at least a reasonable danger of dropping your beer/wine/Romulan ale into the water whilst at the pub.

From looking at Google Maps, the closest point of the garden to the water seems to be around 100ft away. And the pub website shows the garden has a surrounding wall.

So unless you had a fairly hefty throwing arm, it’s unlikely this entry would meet the criteria for the above rule of thumb.

You are, of course, welcome to resubmit another entry for the subject which fits the above requirements :blush:

In light of that, I won’t try and claim my 10 pixels of Eddystone lighthouse but instead…

1. A sailing vessel with a cabin

Sails are unfurled
    Sails aren’t white or off-white

Taken on 26/07/2022 from Penlee Battery, video screen clipping from 1080p video at 4x zoom

To help appease the wrath of the committee, I can provide a image from my phone of the same boat close up about 10 mins later

Claiming all 3 points, please no smiting

Had my first encounter today with RNAS police / security.

“You can’t fly drones here!”

“Yes, I can :slight_smile: But can I please land first.”

“Who gave you permission?”

“Air Traffic Control, here is my authorisation.”

They never tell us anything! Shame I can’t stay to watch. Enjoy your drone flight.

Although it was a military vehicle and it wasn’t green! :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes