The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

3 points requested.

Three points granted :slight_smile:

na_5b166e91c2fea

The line of unprincipled artists prepared to blackleg during the designer’s strike appeared dispiritingly long

Will scab labour impact on your competition? Is the LEADERBOARD affected? Click the Pic™ to check!

My entry for:

1. A Funfair - this must be presented as a video of less than 30 seconds✅️
    A Ferris/big wheel in motion✅️
    Shot at night❌️
    Hyperlapse - time compression of at least 5 to 1✅️

Taken by mini 2 at 1:00pm at Llandudno Ferris Wheel and its adjacent funfair.

Sorry about the quality, and composition. Never done a hyperlapse before and the Seagulls were swarming all over the drone as a family decided to chuck their food in its general direction.
Didn’t have time to do the night thing as early start tomorrow… for the missus!

3 Points?

1 Like

??? Your spreadsheet may be running slow. Unless ours has become sentient, like Google’s AI, and is predicting the future. :scream:

1. A Static Caravan Site** :white_check_mark:
  • 24 or more mobile homes :white_check_mark:
  • All pitches occupied :white_check_mark:
  • 5 or more mobile homes with green roofs. :white_check_mark:
    Shot on Mini3 Pro 21-08-22 near Harlech

Claiming 4 points please

3 points and a prescription for dramamine

oops - just realised the cell was not counting the bottom 4

Just seeing if the committee are awake :wink:

4 points!

Even better !

1. A Railway signal box :white_check_mark:

• A Side-Tank engine plainly visible in shot :white_check_mark:
  • Drone Scene entry :white_check_mark:

Claiming 3 points

Shot with Mini3 Pro 19-08-22 Porthmadog Station and Cob: Signal box at far end of Cob, Double Fairlie engine pulling the train across the Cob.
Drone scene entry made.

Drone scene entry

Even with the picture blown up on the sixty-inch plasma, William couldn’t decide whether the blob of pixels was the subject or shit on the lens.

Would you have a picture where the train was closer to the box?

This one, I’ve given it a bit more sharpening, and cropped to the relevant bit as I couldn’t upload the full res file.
The wind was really bad Friday and I didn’t fancy losing the aircraft over the swamp !

@jon1

Unfortunately we cannot accept your image. Had you taken the second one from the position claimed on
Drone Scene you would have had a better chance of showing both the box and engine clearly

We don’t have Hollywood style image enhancement software so the best we can make of your picture is this:

firefox_KA46KPpxDb

firefox_B0Sj1eLnci

Neither picture shows subject or bonus clearly enough for us to identify with any certainty. As we are not accepting your entry you can shoot the same subject again, ideally with the side-tank engine in the general vicinity of the signal box and both identifiable by looking at the picture as displayed in the thread.

Oh Dear, perhaps you are unfamiliar with what a double Fairlie tank engine looks like - never mind perhaps the subject Signal Box was too far to qualify the engine for a bonus point. Fair do’s.
However, to imply I took the 2 photographs from different positions is not really on, I did say I cropped the 2nd because I couldn’t upload a Full res one, so maybe you are confused - here are a sequence of 8 low res original images of the same view including both the submitted photos All Taken From the Same Position ( with allowance for wind and gimbal angle change of course).
So, 1-1 draw I reckon and I’ll try again. Thanks

When did item 25 get added?

Jon, we are familiar with many locomotive designs, Fairlies amongst them. But it is not possible to determinewith certainty from the images taken as crops from your full size photo, enhanced in an image editor that the engine in question is, in fact, a side-tank locomotive

The rules stipulate:

3. Format
The objective illustrated must be framed as the dominant subject of your image; the judges may disqualify images they consider do not match this requirement

In none of the pictures you have shown so far would a reasonable person consider the subject - a signal box - to dominate the picture

Your Drone Scene marker shows a position somewhere in the tree covered hills above the town. You are welcome to submit a picture of the same location with the signal box rather more prominent in the picture - possibly so that the name may be read when the image is viewed full size. If, in that image, there is a recognisanle side-tank locomotive a bonus point will be granted. And a Drone Scene entry with a reasonably accurate placing of the marker will be awarded a further bonus.

These are the conditions all entrants are required to abide by.

It was announced at 00:01 on Thursday August 17th after a short teaser campaign begun with the daily update.

It was also announced to @group-challenges of which you should be a member. If you are not then, as that is a means of ensuring people are alerted even if they ignore the main thread for days, it would be sensible for you to join.

Thanks, i probably skimmed over it. My bad.

Item number 23 : A Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boat ( RIB or RHIB ) in motion ( visible wake )

1 : Three or more people on board😁

2 : Two or more outboard engines :cry:

3 :No part of the boat to be orange😁

taken with Mavric Air2 on 19/08/2022 at Poole Harbour by Sandbanks at midday, luckily captured photo while waiting in vain for 5th windsurfer lol

Total Points Claimed : 3 points please

1 Like

Item number 9 : A Country House Hotel ( Website or guide book entry to prove )

website entry: Wotton Under Edge Hotel | De Vere Tortworth Court Hotel | Book Direct and Save 10%

1: Marquee erected on lawn :cry:

2: Series Landrover or Defender in car park😁

3: Drone Scene entry😁

Photos taken with Mavric Air2 on 20th August 2022 at 6am
Care taken to not disturb guests, permission was obtained from hotel management for flight, so i attempted to show restraint by not getting too close to hotel or car park out of curtesy
Also flight kept low so as not to infringe regulations on flights over Leyhill Prison next door

Total points claimed : 3 points please

1 Like