The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

3 points for your military vehicle and 4 points for your caravan site. Nice cloud of dust behind the tank as well :+1:

2 Likes

Item number : 4. A Military site of either World War - wiki or website proof to be posted with your image

1 : Used in First World War but at no point used for military purposes in the Second

2: Aviation use in either war
3: Run as a tourist attraction (website or wiki entry to prove )

4: Drone Scene entry

taken with Mavric Air 2 on 20/08/2022
Second attempt, hope i got photo right this time

Total points claimed: 5 points please

Item number 5: A Clock Tower

1: Clock showing ten o’clock

2: Ten o’clock being 22.00

3: Drone Scene entry

25. Create a unique GADC Birthday Card from scratch and post the photo

• Post a photo of the card suspended from a drone :white_check_mark:
  • Decorate a cake - with GADC written on it - and add 5 birthday candles (photo) :white_check_mark:
  • Fly your drone to blow out all the candles at once (video) :white_check_mark:

The above four items may be photographed by any camera. Videos must be 30 seconds or less.

• Post a photo or video taken by drone of an organised public celebration :white_check_mark:

Video shot at Watchet last night with Mini 3 Pro - end of summertime fireworks and celebrations

5 points claimed

2 Likes

well done
John

1 Like

I’ve lost count of he number of times I’ve been down to the marina looking for a moving rib, and, just like buses there are none for ages then two come along at once.
Taken with Mini 2 21/08/22 around 8.45am Bangor Marina.

Just the one point please:
23. A Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boat (RIB or RHIB) in motion (visible wake) :white_check_mark:
Three or more people on board :x:
Two or more outboard engines :x:
No part of the boat to be orange :x:

1 Like

Looks like the lead RIB is taking buoys out for wee sailing dinghies to race around, is there a sailing club nearby?

Point added

The Royal Ulster and BallyholmeYacht Clubs are both a very short distance along the coast. There were people getting their dinghies ready when I passed by, heading for Ballyholme Beach looking for windsurfers. Only dog walkers at the beach today unfortunately, no windurfers, kitesurfers or even the ubiquitous paddle boarders. :slightly_frowning_face:

Thats a really nice example of the ‘GADC Birthday Card’ subject Ian, 5 points awarded :+1:t2: Out of curiosity how many attempts did it take to blow all the candles out on one pass?

1 Like

First attempt, after I had turned off the obstacle avoidance! It refused to go near to the cake!

I cut off the bit where my wife leapt back as the drone came towards her.

Of course also don’t light the candles whilst the drone is close, otherwise they will blow out.

We will now eat the cake that we made…

I thought I would also do it early to give ideas to others…

3 Likes

We will allow you five points bur with the proviso that in your next entries you provide the link to your Drone Scene entry:

https://dronescene.co.uk/where-to-fly-drone/stonehenge-ww1-airfield-salisbury-uk/south-west/2149

as required in the competition rules:

To earn a Drone Scene bonus a Drone Scene marker and description must be placed on the map shortly after your flight and the link to it included with your image as part of your competition entry

This may seem trivial but it is appreciated by those judging your pictures as they don’t have to go looking amongst several other entries.

And it is always a good idea to keep the judges happy.

We can only allow two points for this entry. Examining the clock (and enhancing contrast and sharpness) shows clearly that the time showing is not the 10 o’clock / 22:00 require but one minute to ten / 21:59.

You will get one point for a clock tower and one for a Drone Scene entry - as previously mentioned you must include a link to that; the next entry without a link will not be awarded the point.

Also, in your eagernessyou haven;t posted any flight details. A reminder - the rules require:

1. To enter an item for the Challenge you need to make a post in this thread containing:Your photo or video - entries should consist of single images unless otherwise specified for the subject being captured
    The number and name of the objective it relates to
    Which, if any, bonus points relating to that objective you are claiming
    The location from where the picture was taken and the aircraft used
    The link to the newly published information in Drone Scene (if required as a bonus)
    Any other information that has been requested or a link to it
1 Like

Many thanks on both counts, damn clock was slow lol, chimed at 5 to 10. I admit I hurried the shot as was outside local police station​:policewoman:and was aware of people coming down pavement to local drinking establishments :beers:
Point taken about links, I must remember to post before 1am in morning when I’m more awake

Entry

Item 15 A sailing vessel with a cabin

Bonus point claimed Sails are unfurled

Bonus Point claimed sails are not white ,or off white.

Total 3 points claimed

Yacht is sail Number GBR 7393R.Had just left Grimsby dock and was sailing in River Humber.
Image taken 1156 21st August 2022 DJI Mini3 Pro
21st August 2022

2 Likes

Thanks John. 3 points earned :slight_smile:

If you are flying within the Drone Code then you have every right to be there. Fly with confidence. If you need a little help with that get yourself a hi-vis vest with “Aerial Survey - Do Not Distract Pilot” on the back and when people ask what you are doing just say “Business Rates” or “Planning” - anything to get them worried :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bayside Fun Fair, Bridlington, East Yorkshire (Bayside Fun Fair Bridlington)
Mini 2, 21/08/2022, 11:40

14. A Funfair - this must be presented as a video of less than 30 seconds

• A Ferris/big wheel in motion
  • Shot at night
  • Hyperlapse - time compression of at least 5 to 1

Claiming 3 points please:

• A Funfair - this must be presented as a video of less than 30 seconds
  • A Ferris/big wheel in motion
  • Hyperlapse - time compression of at least 5 to 1
3 Likes

I had hoped for some windsurfers at the same time but no luck.
There were however, about 4 sailing boats, with cabins and red sails !!

3 points awarded :+1:t2:

This is my entry for;

1. A Marina (for boats) - website or guidebook showing name includes “Marina.:white_check_mark:
    Both sailing boats and power boats moored to the jetties✅️
    Drone Scene entry✅️

Photo by mini 2 at 1130 am.

3 points requested.

1 Like