The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Someone asked me to expand my spreadsheet…

To date in 5 years of GADC

Entrants: 73
Entries: 935

metropolis_masters_of_cinema_series_2010_atf_2_big

Strike broken by scab labour and management intransigence, the art department file reluctantly back to work, claims unmet.

But have they updated the LEADERBOARD? Click the Pic™ to find out!

Today’s entry for four points please:
25. Create a unique GADC Birthday card from scratch and post the photo :white_check_mark:
(Hallmark have nothing to worry about)

Photo of the card suspended from a Mini 2 :white_check_mark:

Decorate a cake with GADC written on it and 5 candles. :white_check_mark:

Flying your drone to blow out all the candles at once (Mini 2) :white_check_mark:

Drone video of a public celebration :x:

4 Likes

Is your Mini camera-shy, Paul? Thought we wouldn’t get to see it :slight_smile:

Four points.

Nice card; enjoy the cake!

1 Like

It was an absolute bollocks trying to get it anywhere near the cake to blow the candles out. I tried it on the floor and as soon as the motors started it blew the candles out, then I tried outside and the candles blew out before I could start the drone. As you can see I ended up with the cake on the kitchen shelf and taking off from the floor, even then I thought the candles were going to go out before I got close enough. Just made it in the end. :joy:

3 Likes

A second entry for today. Taken 23/08/22, Mini 2 around 8pm at Luke’s Point, Kingsland, Bangor.

Three points please:
15. A sailing vessel with a cabin :white_check_mark:
Sails are unfurled :white_check_mark:
Sails aren’t white or off-white :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Sailing 3 points to the wind …

1 Like

Item entry 20. Allotments

Barton Seagrave Allotments
Taken on 15th August 2022 @14:43
With Dji mini2

Claiming points for:-

• More than 24 sheds / greenhouses in view
  • At least one person sitting in a deck or camping chair
  • At least one person wearing a red top

Total of 4 points please

1 Like

Are you going to give us a clue or do we have to play Where’s Wally all night while the dinner burns and the bairns cry themselves to sleep?

A close up of Captain Redtop would be nice :slight_smile:

Top right

download (6)

For conformation of camping chair

And another bonus - for us - a geezer in a white top hurrying to stop his privacy being invaded …

4 points

He did give me some of his enormous homegrown courgettes which look more like marrows

Sadly I’m going to have to bow out of this one guys. I’m off on holiday in 10 days and have a mountain of work to get through before I go. The only time my drones will be out will be the few weddings I’m shooting prior to my hols. So unless a side tank engine or a truck mounted concrete pump turns up at a wedding then I’m done. Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Enjoy your break, John!

And next year book holidays to coincide with the Birthday Challenge! :sunglasses:

1 Like

My entry for:
25. Create a unique GADC Birthday Card from scratch and post the photo✅️

Post a photo or video taken by drone of an organised public celebration✅️

Celebration of kids in Pink at Victoria Park taken 24/08/22

Post a photo of the card suspended from a drone (didnt want to risk the props sorry) :white_check_mark:

Decorate a cake - with GADC written on it - and add 5 birthday candles (photo):white_check_mark:

Fly your drone to blow out all the candles at once (video):white_check_mark:

Video and photos featuring mini 2 drone taken by Samsung Galaxy 10e the rest by mini 2.

5 Points please?

3 Likes

Pure luck with this one. I was driving home this morning and spotted the concrete pump. As I stopped the car two cement mixers arrived. I spoke to one of the drivers and asked if he was going to be loading the pump and he replied ‘just about to’. I said I need a drone photo of it and he said ‘go ahead’. Happy days!

Taken with Mini 2 24/8/22, around 11.30am, Broadway, Bangor, Co. Down

Three points please:
10. A Truck mounted Concrete pump :white_check_mark:
Erect and in use :white_check_mark:
Predominately red :x:
A ‘Readymix’ type rotating drum truck loading the concrete pump :white_check_mark:

The guy in the grey hoodie isn’t the cement mixer driver (who was wearing hi-vis), he’s just some randomer heading into the dole office which is the building on the left.

3 Likes