The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Thanks Colin, love the singing, thanks Paul, good advert for always keeping a drone in the car :slight_smile:

Points asked for awarded

1 Like

After extensive and exhaustive research (and a smidgin of good fortune) I was able to locate a waterside pub, if the tide’s in you could even dip your tootsies in the water. I banked this one after my previous attempt didn’t make it.

Cutter’s Wharf, taken with the Mini 2 at Stranmillis in Belfast on 29/07/22 around 11.45am

Just the one point please:
18. A waterside pub (no road between the pub and the water) :white_check_mark:
At least three red table umbrellas :x:
Drone Scene Entry :x: (wouldn’t be a useful entry unless someone was specifically wanting a photo of this pub)

Just the one, Mrs. Wembley …

c6dc195c7b16b9d503b62ad108f982f5fa5c55de

“Okay John, just a very quick drone flight. Then we must get off to the reception.”

Some may have called it a day so who’s still in the running? Click the Pic™ to find out!
( Apologies @Drumsagard )
1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I reckon I’m out too, with only two impossibles and one highly unlikely left to get, best case scenario would be a further three points, so good luck to the leaders. :+1:

3 Likes

Item number : 13 A Military vehicle

1 : Not Green :grinning:

Taken with a DJI Mavric Air2 at 18.00 hrs on 20th August 2022, at Bovington Camp, Dorset
Missed all the vehicles out on road by about an hour

Land owner permission not required as not on MOD property but DJI did have warning come up when i launched drone to say i had to agree that i took full responsibility for flight etc which obviously i did as i was only airbourne for 5 mins at 10 mtrs height?

Total points claimed : 2 please

1 Like

Item number : 20 Allotments

1 : More than 24 sheds / greenhouses in view :grinning:

2 : At least one person sitting in a deck or camping chair : :grinning:

3 : At least one person wearing a red top : :grinning:

Taken at Parkers Allotments, Greenbank Rd, Bristol on 20th August 2022 at approx 3pm
with DJI Mavric Air2

Permission granted by person on allotments for photo, thats her standing next to me on chair by large sunflowers about 1/4 way down from top nearly dead central in photo

total points claimed : 4 points please

2 points awarded Barry.

Barry,

Even with the supercomputers at ChallCom HQ daisychained together for maximum processing power, this is the most we’ve been able to zoom and enhance your image.

We think you’ll agree that it isn’t immediately clear that you’re sitting on a deck or camping chair. Do you have any additional images from the day to confirm?

hi, sorry i was only invited by 1 lady ( shes standing to my right ( left of me on photo )) so decided not to fly too close in case other owners objected
I have blown up image as best I can, hopefully you will agree that as 1 leg is underneath me I must be sitting on something, but I will happily except your ruling as I agree photo was crap lol

sorry forgot photo lol

Methinks next year’s challenge may require red and white stripey top and bobble hat…
…and GADC could clean up selling these in the merch store?

1 Like

We’re saying nothing…

After no small amount of deliberation (and based on the additional evidence you provided), we are going to award you the 4 points claimed.

However

The next person to post a picture of themselves wearing a red shirt and smugly sitting in the background of an allotment picture will have all their points ripped up and flushed down the toilet. They will have to start the challenge again! from scratch!

If competitors choose to make themselves the seated redshirt they are claiming points for, you have the flexibility of being able to move yourself as well as the drone to make the bonuses being claimed for as clear as possible.

Red top where we can see you without needing a scanning electron microscope please!

@group-challenges

2 Likes

Alternatively you could maybe withdraw the cash prizes and instead use the funds towards renting some time on the Hubble Telescope?

It’s funny how people are so keen to suggest alternative uses for the cash prizes once they’ve declared themselves out of the running… :wink:

10. A Truck mounted Concrete pump

• Erect and in use :white_check_mark:
  • Predominantly red (probably more red in the picture than white from vehicles involved :joy: )
  • A “Readymix” type rotating drum truck loading the concrete pump :white_check_mark:

Taken on the 10/8/22 with my Mini 3 Pro near Watchet

3 points claimed and the first of my ‘not quite got there’ entries - this is where I start dropping points rapidly :joy: :joy:

Although my wider photo did show 5 green roofs, but not all plots occupied :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Moi? I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.:grin::grin::grin:

Blymy, those damselfly nymphs are getting bigger … must be the warm weather