The Great Big GADC 6th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Leave it there for now Paul, we need to have a chat under the bunker first :+1:

@TallTakes 2 points added

1 Like
  1. A Telephone Box
    Great Totham 08/08/2023, 13:41, DJI Mini 3 Pro.
    Claim: 2 Points, repurposed - Local Information.

Clearly not well used in the village, cobwebs yuk. The telephone cables were above and surrounded by trees so couldn’t fly too high.

Sorry, just worked out that it should be 3 points for the repurposed K6 telephone box. Please can I claim 3 points for my entry. :face_with_peeking_eye: :blush: thank you.

1 Like

Hi.

The photo was taken on the 7th August with a DJI Mini 3 Pro. (About 5 minutes before I crashed into a sand dune)

Taken DJI Mini3 pro
08/08/23 17:00ish Daventry international freight terminal

I claim 4 points please

1. Intermodal Containers 7- six or more (shipping containers)
  • Bonus point for more than 15.
  • Bonus point for all one colour and logo.
  • Bonus point for all being 40-foot dry freight (general purpose) ISO containers.

More than 6 containers
More than 15
All blue all Tescos
And all 40-foot containers

4points please?

3 Likes

Taken 16:19 kilsby Midlands with a dji mini 3 pro

I claim 3 points please

1. A Telephone Box
  • Bonus point if it’s the old-style red box (K2 or K6).
  • Bonus point if it has been repurposed. Supporting evidence can be from any camera.

A red phone box
Old style
Repurposed as a defibrillator and a library

3 points please?

1 Like

They have to take your first answer :rofl:

(I would be far too tough as a judge :rofl: :rofl: )

@DroneGeek :scream:Did you see the cobwebs in that box? Just as well spiders don’t bother me :rofl:

1 Like

Entry: 2. Vehicle light trails

This was taken on the 8th August just after 9pm at the Meadows Roundabout, York Town, Camberley with a DJI Mini 2 ( 2.5 second exposure with ISO 100 , no filters ).

• Bonus point if light trails are on a roundabout.
  • Bonus point if there are light trails on each of the roads serving the roundabout - minimum 4 roads.

• Bonus point for timelapse

12 second timelapse, 1/15 second ss, ISO: 100 , 2 second delay between photos, 10 minutes flying time.

Claiming 1 point for the task and 3 bonus points.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi @ANDMUL
We’d love to give you points but we are afraid that picture is not taken from a drone obviously in flight, as per the rules. Please feel free to submit another entry, but obviously steering clear of the overhead cables. Unless of course you’d also like to submit that video Here

25 A telephone box
Twyford Rd Barrow upon Trent
Bonus points K2 or K6 check.
Repurposed check ( another defibrillator)

I claim maximum points please. 3 points
Taken with a DJI Mini3 Pro
9th August 2023😉

3 Likes

you can :smile:
3 points awarded

5. Public Art - be it a large sculpture, or street painting, it must be a work of art that can be seen by the casual passerby i.e. not in a gallery. Witty or Banksy-style graffiti is acceptable, plain old tags are not

• Bonus point for a Wikipedia link.
  • Bonus point if six or more people are looking at it (not just passing).

I claim 2 bonus points for:

Dinosaurs, Crystal Palace Park
5 Aug 2023 DJI Mini 2 with the 2X zoom
I claim 3 points please

2 Likes

4 points for @Stomper
Nicely done!

Quick question. In the rules it says photos must be taken in the members home country. Is my home country England ( where I live) or the whole of the U.K. ? Only asking as I’m going up to Scotland in a few weeks and of course the Mini 3 Pro is going with me :wink::wink:

And another 3 points for @BadManners

1 Like

3 points for @JockyB and the phonebox

Yes the whole of the UK @JockyB
Just be aware though, our Northern Cousins have been trying for some time to have their favourite spots listed on Dronescene as an FRZ. They can get a little jealous when those south of the border venture North, they seem to think it’s King Edward all over again :rofl:

Ach, buggers them aff so it diz . :joy::joy: