The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Couple of shots taken in Coventry City Centre, on our walk to waggamamas for a pre ice hockey meal :grin:

Come On You Blaze! :grin: :rofl:

4 Likes

Post Liquid Lunch

5 Likes

3 Likes

My first picture. Trying to get it to display properly.
I was out by Painswick beacon this morning and trying out something.
Here is a shot looking over towards Cheltenham making a stereo image.
To view, cross your eyes and adjust your head position to cross the pictures to get the layered effect.
It can be a bit of a strain.

and a couple of others from the hill, this is the northern end of Robinswood hill in the distance on the left of the picture

The far island is Chosen hill.

5 Likes

Anyway, a 2d picture of Sneedhams green looking into the mist covered sun.

3 Likes

When I cross my eyes, I see three images. Not sure what the intention is here :man_shrugging: Lovely pictures, Cheltenham is a great spot to fly. Just not sure why the 2 photos. Are we going Occulus GADC?

Yes you get three images with the centre one being the one in stereo. It takes a little while to ‘see’ the stereoscopic effect.

The reason I used the cross eyes technique rather than the ‘magic picture’ way which is to relax your eyes and look into the distance while focusing on the picture is that you only get a very narrow area that is in 3d.

It takes perseverance, however I suggest finding some online for the cross eyed techniques as they will be easier to start with :grin:

Sorry, if I want to …

… crossing my eyes is the opposite of relaxing. Maybe it’s just me. ‘But for that reason, I’m out’.

1 Like

Yup. You need to look in the distance, and allow your eyes focus close.

That reminds me of those images, in the early 90s, all the rage, a poster which is meant to show something amazing. I even had one. Although could never work out what the hell I was meant to see. Thought I bought a dodgy one.

1 Like

Indeed - same idea.

1 Like

No doubt, @Skepsia’s post works for most folk, sadly not me :cry:

Nope. Tried again. 3 images :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Works well just like the old Magic Eye posters. Best to have it at arms length I find :+1:t2:

It’s not the easiest.

It also depends what you’re viewing on, too. If the images are physically further apart on the screen you’re looking at than your eyes are apart … then it’s impossibe.

That’s the badger, forgot the name of them. Well done, Steve :+1: (but still never worked on me!)

Yeah they take some getting used to and not everyone can do them Chris

But surely (don’t call me Shirley), that’ll always be the case, Dave. Like Steve @SirGunner said, a metre away is going to be wider than my IPD (Inter Pupillary Distance). I.e. Perspective 101. Desperate to understand where I’m going wrong here.

Tell me about it. I feel robbed.