The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Nope - if I look on my laptop the image centres are 6.3cm apart.
On my phone, landscape, 6.1cm apart
On my phone, portrait, 3.4cm apart
On m TV … a shit load more.

But my IPD is a constant.

Correct, IPD is constant. But then how can an image 1m away be the same width as the distance between your eyes. Either this sentence is wrong :point_down: … or I need more alcohol … or bed … or format c:\

The “1m away” is a means to make the focusing on them whilst your eyes are “looking” further more easy.

If the images were 10m light years away, there centres would still be the same distance apart as they would be 10cm away … if the are on the same viewing device.

1 Like

I cannot see this as a viable opportunity, for that reason, I’m out.

1 Like

Sorry to have caused so much stress!

I chose the cross eye method because most people can cross their eyes easier than relaxing them and you can cross them further than relaxing them (relaxing them = to look into the distance).
This means that the IPD is not a factor.
Again. Yes you get three images and its only the centre on that is stereoscopic.

It was an interesting experiment and there are some people that cannot do it regardless of the method and they need one of those stereo viewers, if anyone remembers them from the 70’s with the disk of pictures?

View Master
image_2022-01-15_122801

3 Likes

Taken from the helipad of the Celebrity Silhouette

7 Likes

Using which camera here Ian @DroneGeek ?

1 Like

One x2 on a 3m selfie stick

Last one from me using my 3X Prism Triangle. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Taken this morning out the bedroom window. Not brilliant I know but just can’t remember seeing the moon in this position often.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that time isn’t quite right, since the moon set at 08:48 this morning (for Portsmouth).

BST?

1 Like

Think you’re right there OzoneVibe

Will adjust when I work out how to get in the settings :grimacing:

1 Like

I know on my camera, when I last changed for the clocks going back, I accidentally changed the month, too. Totally confused when I was looking on the SD card for the photos I’d just taken. (And Windows Explorer had that window sorted by date.)

I now leave cameras on GMT all year round.

1 Like

I’ve not used the camera much, was purchased for when we go away. I’ve activated the GPS now and so the time will automatically update.

The camera is an Olympus Tough TG-6.

If they are IP cameras, there is normally a “DST” checkbox. By ticking that, it should automatically adjust for daylight saving time.

I’d reckon it’s an Olympus TG-6. :wink:

Says Tough on the camera. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ah, we are talking about hand cameras. I’ll get my coat :running_man: :wind_face:

1 Like

We walk the Grand Union Canal fairly often and this is the first time I have seen a cormorant resting canalside - taken today on the way to the railway station. (Fuji X100F)

6 Likes

Pen y Fan today, shot with the DJI Pocket 2 …

10 Likes