The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Item 18 Windmill (bonus point for sails)

Halnaker Windmill, West Sussex taken 24/7/2019

3 Likes

Yeah, got back from Cornwall Monday afternoon and then was on the road at 5.30 for a 100 mile outing today.
We were hoping to get a few more but were stuck for ideas and didn’t want to push the boundaries too far on others.

1 Like

Thank you Brian.

Craig is my future son-in-law, if I allow it :wink::zipper_mouth_face::laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:
Well, only if he doesn’t beat you in the GADC 2nd Annual Birthday Competition :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll hide his remote for his Spark :rofl:

1 Like

Leaderboard updated!

Welcoming @craigevo to the competition, and @JoeC with his 161 wind turbines :+1:

@MementoMori leaps up to join @stevesb in joint 3rd place :+1:

And @BrianB moves up to join @sunstone in joint 7th :+1:

2 Likes

Tonight’s sunset through multiple trees, including a nice old pine.
Where: My garden, Ayrshire.

1 Like

Wallace’s Monument, Ayrshire
Taken this evening @ 20:50

6 Likes

Monument with a wiki link. Captain Cook monument, taken today 24th July 2019

Beautiful capture @JoeC :+1:

2 Likes

Much better than my attempt! Well done chap

1 Like

When I was there, I bottled it as I got a load of pings about being too close to Glasgow Prestwick airport… A quick moody up & down… But the more I look at your pic, the more I like it… Sun streaming in is gorgeous… Sauron’s new home :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

First Whitelee, now Wallace! It’s starting to look like I’m stalking you here! :wink:

Was very lucky with the sun tonight, that’s for sure.

I was worried about the FRZ for Prestwick too… checked on Drone Assist before I left the house and could see it was close, and wasn’t 100% sure it was okay until I checked again standing there. As I was packing up to head home a small plane buzzed over the top. It certainly didn’t look to be above 500ft.

Haha… never had a stalker before… Hope you’re fit :rofl:… I’m not from around those parts, just really fortunate to be up that way for a family wedding. Hired a car and with some planning, managed to knock off about 10 entries in 48 hrs :+1:. You going to nip down to Caerlaverock Castle to snag #4 (Castle with moat)? Or over to Bute?

1 Like

Ok, here we go, the solar farm near Duns Tew, North Oxfordshire. It’s only a small one, about 18 acres.

I probably should have gone a bit further back for a more complete photo, but I was a bit worried - if I cast too much of a shadow, Mavis up the road wouldn’t be able to get the kettle on for a cuppa, so I played safe

5 Likes

Lol… How big is your drone :rofl:

Is this the one you can see from the M40 @Renni-Aire ?

No, it’s a bit in the middle of nowhere, you can see it from the A4260 but it’s not really visible from anywhere.

I know the one you mean though

Entry for #11 - Solar farm (greater than 50 acres). Taken at Landmead Solar Farm on July 18th. Sorry for the quality of the pano - the stitching is crap - probably due to wind. I had better stills but you don’t get to see both sites (which you can on the pano).

Location in the UK : England, east hanney
Type of installation: Solar on/offshore: on
Solar Panels :180000 Capacity : 45 MW
Acreage:230 or approx Hectares : 92
Approx Date of 1st power generation: April 2014

3 Likes