The Unofficial GADC Reason To Fly Competition

After many sleepless nights, consultations with lawyers and chief justices, robust discussions with the CAA and much consumption of Happy Shopper Red Bull-style ultra caffeinated energy drink we have formulated the rules for the UNofficial GADC Reason to Fly Photo competition.

NEWSFLASH! : there is still time to vote for your choice of subject for the competition starting this Sunday!

This is an unofficial competition run with the approval but not the involvement of the GADC committee. The objectives of the competiton are::

• To keep alive the buzz that the Birthday Challenge generated

• To encourage people to fly and share their images all year round

• To give a ready made reason to go flying

• To encourage the use of DroneScene, especially the reporting of new places to fly

• To be inclusive and provide a competition open to all, regardless of skill level.

RTF Rules

1. The requirement is to submit an image. photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.

2. Photos to be a minimum of 1024x768 pixels, video minimum resolution 720p

3. The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open

4. Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

5. Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may like any number of images. The image with the most likes is the winner

6. Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take off and landing point will be awarded three bonus likes.

7. Each competitor must like a minimum of three other images before the competition closes in order to validate their own entry

8. In the event of a tie the guest judge will decide the winner

9. The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

10. The competiton subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.

11. The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.

12. Voting by “like” will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.

13. The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

8 Likes

Haha great Video @macspite :+1:t2::rofl:

1 Like

I thought the other lot were bad ;o)

2 Likes

Gotta have rules otherwise how would the competitors bend or break them?

5 Likes

Rob that Video is brilliant!

1 Like

Love the vid :joy:. Also I haven’t see anything of blue stone 42 since it finished so thanks for reminding me of that ! I might try and watch this again.

1 Like

What about fpv media?

2 Likes

eh?

CROSS THAT!

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake

1 Like

fpv media can be as low as 640x480

1 Like

Holy crap Steve, been a bit distracted recently and missed this monumental news! Sorry to hear it, but really glad you’re okay and on the road to recovery (if not the actual road for a little while). Get those vegetables in you.

2 Likes

Ok. It’s open to all members so if you want to enter fpv images we will allow any size or resolution. Then people can enter a 20x16 pc crop from a 4000x300p image and claim it shows the subject of the competition.

As if that would ever happen :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t google that at work ;o)

5 Likes

Topic Day

Make sure your VOTES are in guys.
Already looking forward to getting out and capturing these and seeing what you guys produce, even the committee :wink: may even get to see what @PingSpike ,s collection of drones can do.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, Hope your back on your feet and getting the drone up swiftly! :+1:t2: I think you should be elected to have an advisory role during the beginning of this competition. Or at least be granted the powers of deciding vote in the case of a tie.

1 Like

I fully agree with this. Seeing as Steve is a dji / fpv / quad / wing hybrid

1 Like

Steve is half-man, half-drone? :scream:

A flyborg?

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: brilliant

2 Likes

The competition subject has been announced

2 Likes