The WHY DO YOU FLY? Poll

I’ve been a serious stills photographer for many years, and about 4 yrs ago became aware of what drones were able to do, photographically. I watched their spec get better & better, then when the MP2 arrived with its 1" sensor I thought now’s the time to jump in. So I did a one day one-to-one course, having never flown a drone before. I then bought my MP2 a month ago, and just can’t get enough of it. My camera club have now asked me to give a talk on drone photography, so when i have built up some experience I’ll put a presentation together for them. Roll on the better weather!

2 Likes

Hi Roger / @Liberator - and welcome to GADC.

If you have a moment, perhaps you’d create an introduction post in the #introductions category?

Also, don’t forget to add yourself to the Map of Members by following the How To guide.

I’m a photography enthusiast, with no experience in flying yet. Just bought the Holystone HS720e and would love to get out and start flying. I live in Medway, Kent and any recommendations for interesting locations to learn would be really helpful.

For me it’s mostly for fun , I’ve always wanted to fly RC planes / helicopters but never had the confidence or skills but then drones came along and with lots of guidance from you in here and @chrisjohnbaker as my mentor I finally got a drone and got flying so mainly for the fun but also taking videos and pictures .

Never been one for cinematics but drones have created a whole new medium to work with and find perspectives that weren’t previously possible or accessible to get.

It’s a fun challenge combining the filming with the technical aspects of flying.

There are amazing clips and photos from all over, it’s a stunning piece of technologies and mild-blowing what some people can do with it

I wanted it for fun and photography and to view areas I could not get access from the ground.

Friends say I have it for perverting zooming in on sunbathers as if I would :sunglasses: I just say have you forgot where we live :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain:

I love walking and cycling and photography so having the drone gives me another perspective.