USB stopped working after soldering

It’s the same one I’ve been using to connect to it for the last month, I also use it to connect my Xbox controller to the pc absolutely no question it’s a data cable

I would like to point out that I worked in it support for a number of years, I’m not sure how many times I can say I’ve checked the drivers before people stop saying this…

When powered by lipo, does the blue light flash?

Nope no data transfer at all. All 3 green LEDs fire up though

I’ll get another FC but I really want to understand why this broke before I start fiddling with another one that I already can’t afford

1 Like

Doin my head in now. Need to get to the bottom of this

Yeah I’m getting peed off with it. Might call it a night before I get too snappy to be honest with you.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Sorry couldn’t resist :grimacing:

Have you tried using it since this on your xbox controller to make sure its not damaged? Also is there any obvious damage to the contacts inside the usb plug?

Will it go into bootloader mode?

The worst part of that joke is how bloody true it is :joy:

Yeah I did check it and it’s working fine I also tried a usb c both to the pc and my phone and that didn’t do it either very confident the FC is just cooked

I can’t tell because it just doesn’t connect to the pc

Nah fair enough, I’m all out of ideas mate. It’s just a weird one :confused:

I suppose if you think its toast anyway there is no harm in trying to hardwire a spare USB lead direct to the output pins on the back of the USB port :man_shrugging:

If you decide (or are forced) to shelve this fc. Both myself and @Steviegeek would like to try and repair it. I haven’t told Steve yet, but he likes a challenge.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s a driver issue :thinking:

:grin:

via GIPHY

Yeah that’d be fine, ill see when i give up with it. Mainly just want to make sure i dont buy one then break that too now.

Have you turned it off and on again :wink:

I’ll fourth this comment

This might be the worst day ever.