VR goggles

By the way?, @PaperCrane, had your google’s “out to play” yet?
We need to blow them cobwebs off them !.

just remember that on the standard goggles the conection speed runs at about 110 ms but on the racing set at around 50ms and the racing edition are a little more expensive:grinning:

I’ve used my Racing Edition ones via the HDMI input.
They are fantastic :laughing:

I bought the race edition so I can have one set for all my other FPV models…:grin:

Several sets of Strobon LEDs on there and you won’t have an issue even in bright sunshine. Just don’t configure then add per a commercial or domestic aircraft, helicopter, etc… The rule are that lights on a drone should not cause it to be mistaken for an of these.

Unless you use them for sports, acro quads, etc… the only time you will notice the latency is if you wave your hand Infront of a quad while on a bench. The Mavic is too slow, bar the ridiculous turn rate in sports mode!

Bought a pair! DJI goggles…arriving 13 Oct. Will report back!

2 Likes

Me too, arrived this morning :grimacing:

Not really a surprise. :wink:

1 Like

No, probably not :blush:

Bought second hand on eBay, only had time today to power up and check them over, will pair to the Mavic over the weekend probably.

HDMI cable is required for the Inspire 1 (lack of Occusync and all that).

1 Like

Did you pay £201? Was I bidding against you?!

2 Likes

No, and no :smiley:

I buy most of my eBay stuff on a ‘buy it now’, (or I’ll message the seller a ‘close it early’ offer), it’s not often I have the patience to wait for a seven or ten day auction to pan out :slight_smile:

Yeah I bought it buy it now in the end. £300

Not yet.

They went to Wells. We got told to go away. They went back in the drawer and haven’t come out since.

I did mention this to you above.

Interesting… you mean the goggles signal drops out at that point?

I take it the controller / phone still had a solid signal, even though the goggles dropped out?

Another advantage to using HDMI perhaps? No dependancy on googles receiving capabilities?

2 Likes

no it almost seems that with the extra hardware all the signals drop…not too much of a problem as 2 miles is less scary than 2.8 battery wise.

1 Like

Here is a tip I read about somewhere that I tried and it does work, or at least it has for me.
If you find the image is a little blurry using DJI goggles then try some of those cheap reading glasses you can buy almost anywhere these days, I bought a two pack of +2.50 magnification from B&M stores for £2.99 and the difference is amazing, everything is now in focus right up to the edges of the screen.
I might try and fix them somehow into the goggles as when you lift the goggles it does tend to make everything else out of focus.

When my friend @paulmouncer had his he bought a little insert that you could stick the lenses into

https://www.yeggi.com/q/dji+goggles/

Is very similar.

I didn’t get on at all with the goggles, I only have one really good eye though so I couldn’t read the height/distance display and there was no option to move this to the good right side

After I posted I went on Thingverse and found a few that I can print, thie ones sold for the goggles are silly money.