Warwickshire/Nuneaton/Coventry etc

Well it dumped due to rx loss again. Just the 3d printed camera roll cage broken. But crossfire micro at the royal mail depot. Nano receiver coming monday. I’m pretty confident I can hook it up to my fs-i6s.

That’s quite a challenge you have set yourself there. Which crossfire did you go for? The micro or one of the big ones?

Worst case you just need a q7x and is off you go…

1 Like

Just a micro. Its cheaper. I can hack into the tx ppm and put it straight to the module. But yeah the plan would be to get another tx if it didn’t work.

1 Like

Just noticed this thread and have been looking for a decent area to practice flying my mavic locally (Coventry/Warwickshire) for quite some time. I have used Wyken slough before to practice nearby but this area would be much safer. If I’m free next time you have a meet id love to join up.

Yeah no problem. I’m tied up this weekend, but free Monday onwards. Let me know when your thinking, or I’ll say when I’m going.

Great I’m free anytime after 3pm Mon- Fri and anytime at the weekend. Just set a date/time I’ll be there.

Cool. If the weather is ok, Monday say 5ish when all the kids have gone home from school? I’ll be out tomorrow morning to check my slow drone as had problems with it. But should be ok now. Hopefully my small one will be ready too. Though its quick for me so will more than likely crash it.

Whats your rates like in Betaflight?

I had to dial Max Vel back to 360 deg/s and add some expo.

Was increasing every flight up to stock until I lost it.

Really need to get another. Miss crashing :rofl:

I’ve left if a stock for rates for now. I had a radio problem which should be ok now. The biggest thing I did was change the throttle mid to my hover and raise the expo. Like you probably did. My problem is I lack confidence.

Best advice I can give you is don’t be afraid to crash.

I was crashing 10+ times on a single battery but keep at it and it eventually clicks.

They are pretty durable and take a load of abuse.

1 Like

Oh. And in the near future I will be working in Scotland for a week here and there. Is there places that are a free for all? Probably from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Dundee invururee and Aberdeen. Also fife. All cross country.

1 Like

You mean places to fly?

You really won’t be hard pushed for places up here mate.

Fields, moors, hills, just take your pick, stop in a layby and off you go.

FANTASTIC! Just need places that no one walks a dog. And ain’t bothered about privacy. As if my 700tvl fpv cam will pick something out.

I’m stuffed today with a bug. I wont be out today.

That’s a shame will probably go down anyway as haven’t flied for over a week. where do you normally park? Get well soon x

I’ll see how I feel at near 5pm. I park on sephton drive near the mud mound.
Its all self inflicted mate. My lad had a 3 day rugby tour bender in Bournemouth. All us dad’s have the same hangover bug.

Capture

@anon34183503 (who has been involved in this), and anyone else interested. I have managed to secure some quiet space for flying. It’s at OLRFC at the Crofts in Leamington Spa.

Basically, they aren’t really bothered about collecting subs, or a couple of quid for a meetup. However, a while back, I repaired their large kettle / water urn (for cups of tea and coffee). Didn’t last long as it was knackered, but this sort of ‘Scratch my back attitude’ is how they would like to play it. It doesn’t mean we have to do anything regular, but the odd goodwill gesture of a helping hand from someone now and then should be ok.

Obviously they will have functions now and then, I am just working on that info to be made available to us so we know that the ground will be free.

The ground will be undergoing redevelopment soon (Wasps are renting a field for a training facility), but the club is purchasing another adjacent field. So should be plenty of room.

I think its fair to ask that people are insured.

1 Like

Great work dude! We will have to arrange an fpv flying session down there once we have the calendar

Excellent I’ll park there. Nothing hair of the dog at the greyhound couldn’t sort out.

Few to many people walking around at 5 o clock but we made the most of it considering it started thunder & lightning not long after.