What light? New from Hastings

Hello people after a couple of years thinking about it I’ve bought my 1st drone, a mini 2 for starters I’ve got all my nessary numbers just waiting for my stickers to turn up so I can take off legally, when I’m abit more experienced I’d like to try some night flights and I’m fully aware I need a decent strobe light​:thinking:the thing is which one, I know it has to be visible from 3 miles for others not me, but I’m worried about exceeding the 250g weight, any ideas??? Thankyou from Tricky 1066 in Hastings :mask:

1 Like

Hi @Tricky1066 and check out these recent threads on that very subject:

Mini 2 with a Strobon up it's port

My Mini 2 with two Strobon Crees weighs -------

And some more general strobe info here.

Welcome to Grey Arrows, you’ve made an excellent choice in drone!

2 Likes

Cheers spike​:+1::mask:

I think this is a FAA regulation not the CAA.

2 Likes

Hi @Tricky1066 and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Cheers and thank you.

Hi Tricky1066. I’m in Bexhill, I can’t answer your question because I only bought my drone in December and still learning. Not much I can do at the moment because of the lockdown.

Not to worry mate, thanks anyway :mask:

What stickers do you need for a Mavic Mini?! I thought it was classed as a “toy”, so didn’t need anything, although I’ve put my phone number on in case it goes rogue.

@anon97722470 you’ll probably want to familiarise yourself with this (it’ll answer your question): The Drone and Model Aircraft Code | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Cheers. I’m probably reading it wrong, but who’s to say if the Mini is a Toy or not? I could read it as being a Toy, as I’m not using it for commercial purposes, so I don’t need operator ID. I thought they were making it clearer, but they might need to go a bit further for simpletons like me :smile: