Mini 2 with a Strobon up it's port

I wanted a quick, non sticky, non velcro method to attach my Strobon.

My family always take the piss about me and cable ties (there isn’t a repair job you can’t effect with them) so I stole this idea and modified it into mine.

USB C adaptor and sticky (yes , but not sticky on the drone) tape to mock it up.
Will try it in flight later.

And working

Mind your eyes

9 Likes

Interesting idea…

Why not solder it on and power the LED from the USB port on the drone? :thinking:

2 Likes

Solder? You can get USB-C male to Micro USB male adapters. :wink:

1 Like

What is that USB-C port used for on the Mini 2? Anything important? If it is I would be reluctant to use it that way, one crash in the wrong place and the port will be buggered :grimacing:

1 Like

All you are doing is connecting to the live voltage feed of the USB, so there’s absolutely nothing it can be doing that’s detrimental to the Mini.

2 Likes

But if you crash into the strobe/usb port it could (and probably will) smash the port
I’m talking more physical damage

1 Like

Cuz I is lazy and recharging via usb lead is easy?

If you’re flying backwards into something at any speed, that port is probably the least of your worries? :wink:

3 Likes

Charging the battery

2 Likes

Lol I agree to a point but I don’t think you would need to bash it particularly hard to damage it

Ah if its only for charging the battery I guess that’s not so bad. Does it not transfer data too?

Same goes for the more exposed gimbal/camera - more vulnerable and more expensive if damaged.
So could be time to stop flying drones. :wink:

2 Likes

All you have inside the drone is a pretty normal USB-C connector. Easily replaced.

1 Like

Yes it does, did you not bother to RTFM ;o)

5 Likes

… but the Strobon will only be connecting to the USB power and ground terminals.

2 Likes

Is this not just about mounting the strobe, why power it with the USB as it has its own battery and is only? 4grams, plus it lasts for 2 hours. I like it a good idea @FFf. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s just an option. That’s all. Already ~~doubled the weight with the USB-C plug. It would also always be charged. #bonus

I agree but getting rid of the battery would be a better option don’t you think?

Then you can’t use the Strobon on anything else … another drone that you have.

2 Likes

True but if you only have the one :cry: