Where/How best to attach your CAA Operator ID label?

Well I’m not moving mine. It’s in the battery compartment until I get a warning letter or similar to say move it.

2 Likes

:+1:
:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Likewise.

If it couldnt go under the battery then why mention special tools.

It’s also protected from damage or falling off.

It fits the guidelines as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

One has to begin to wonder if the CAA have ever seen any of the most popular drones.

A bit like Gatwick!

Oh - wait - the CAA are based at Gatwick!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

4 Likes

Rebels

4 Likes

I will, when I can be assed! Put my reg under batterie.
I just refuse to join the terrorism hype ITS a friggin toy , when I looked into buying one it was under the category of electronic toys? Now it seems we are potential terrorists if we own one :thinking::thinking:
But laws are laws! ( I just sometimes struggle with that one!)

1 Like

He who is without sin can cast the first stone ;o)

1 Like

Redone mine on top of the wrap.

3 Likes

In a different discussion (Stickers to show flyer ID), using permanent marker on a prop blade sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it wouldn’t dissolve the blade, and hopefully the removal fluid wouldn’t dissolve it when the time comes to change the number. (I wish they’d issue permanent numbers.)

But then you’d have to do it again if you knacker the prop.

Knew I was right. This screenshot is from a FB group I’m in.

2 Likes

That says ‘where it is not possible’ (to attach it to the outside)

:blush:

The CAA seem to be incapable of having a single, unambiguous, and non-contradictory, policy - and are incapable of issuing advice that doesn’t contradict their own advice to the same question by other people.

I think I know where my sticker will go … in an envelope to the CAA (and I’ll forget to put a stamp on the envelope, too! :smiling_imp:)

4 Likes

Wherever you apply the label though, I still stand by this:

3 Likes

It’s not possible to attach a label to the outside of a mavic and be 100% certain it’s not going to eventually fall off.

So yeah, it’s not possible :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a great idea

What if a drone became accidentally covered in vaseline? I suppose it would become impossible to attach a sticker to it then. Oh no!!!

1 Like

I really don’t want to know what your getting up to :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL drones and vaseline ???!!! WTF? Sometimes wander what “odd”
people we have on this here GADC… Well guess it takes all types…:wink::wink::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Certainly make hand catching a novel experience… :laughing:

4 Likes