Which outlet do you recommend

Hi everybody, looking for advice on where to buy my DJI Mini Pro 4. So many outlets, who do you recommend to get one from.
regards
Chris

I preferred to buy one locally so that it didn’t get thrown around by a courier company, so I purchased it from Argos. The prices were all very similar when I bought mine so there was nothing to be gained by shopping around, I don’t know if that has changed now.

cheapest one…

DJI seem to have a cartel on pricing

some like very offer discounts if you take out credit terms, then you can just pay them off

https://www.very.co.uk/first-order-discount.page

https://www.very.co.uk/dji-mini-4-pro-more-combonbsprc-2/1600936181.prd

just allow for the DJI cover, must be applied within 48 hours of activation

if you want one NOW, then Argos would be your best shot

As Rob said, DJI very much employ price rigging so you’ll get the same price wherever you shop.

I’d recommend Leicester Drones for their outstanding customer service and delivery speeds:

don’t be tempted to buy a second hand “box opened” one… as it won’t be registered to you and it won’t have care refresh on it

… there is a bit of a work around either care refresh… you can or could apply it later, provided you sent a load of images in for verification if you missed the deadline so as to prove it’s not been crashed or damaged… so technically you can get care refresh a bit later
… how much I am not sure… and probably on a box opened drone too… probably!!!

not tried it

Bought mine from here, it came with a fault, they asked me to return the entire order back, a few days later a new one arrived with everything as per the bundle…

You get to speak with a human when you need to…

1 Like

And DEFINITELY don’t be tempted to buy from Drones Direct :exploding_head:

2 Likes

oops :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

There’s bad, then there’s the “Buy it Direct” group :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I forgot about my Air 3 and did it about a week later. had to send them a video and within 20 mins, DJI sent me a link for CR :+1:

How do you think it got to Argos?

5 Likes

If you think you’re going to become a regular, the DJI store does loyalty points which I’ve bought a couple of batteries and filters with. Products are despatched from a UK warehouse and in my experience arrive the next day or the day after. It will depend how good you local DHL depot/driver are.

Now I can only “say as I see” here, bought mine from Drones Direct on a Black Friday deal that was only around for about 24 hrs, saved about £90 and had no issues.
Then took the care refresh direct from DJI.

I do prefer to support independent retailers so have bookmarked Leicester Drones.

1 Like

Not by a courier, Argos, owned by Sainsburys, have their own distribution centres across the UK.
Would have come on own transport to the stores.

1 Like

Bought mine from Heliguy due to knowing the company have been round for a long time in the RC world.(mainly helis and drones but now just drones)
Good service back up. Based in the North East.
Always had good response with any questions/advice by email.

Did my training with Heliguy and have bought drones, controllers and batteries from them. Always a quick and reliable service. Have also returned damaged batteries which were replaced with no fuss. I do have the advantage of living twenty minutes away so always pick up and drop off in person. They also do their own version of warranty and are a DJI repair centre. Highly recommended.

Still a truck or van, then chucked about in the back of the shop/warehouse.

I don’t make a habit of buying DJI stuff, however I bought the FPV Drone and Mini2 from Argos. The reasons for this are the Argos store is in our local Sainsbury’s, and my Wife works for Sainsbury’s so I get staff discount.

Very recently I bought an Avata Fly More Combo from Amazon. The reason for this was the price compared to everywhere else as it was around £400 cheaper than buying from DJI direct, and even with my Argos discount it was still significantly cheaper.

You have to keep a close eye on Amazon prices. The day after I purchased the Avata kit the price was back up to the same as the DJI store.

I buy from a company called the heli guy based in North Shields,
Tyne & Wear. They do there own version of DJI care refresh that is cheaper and better than DJI and there customer service is great. Also I know a few other people that use them too. Plus the mini 4 pro is reduced to £960 at the moment.

I walk into Argos, pick up the box, and if it looks beaten up I can ask for a different one or a refund whilst I am there. No arguments about how it got damaged, no hassle of returning it and waiting for a refund. If it doesn’t work when I get it home then I can take it straight back for a replacement or refund.
I prefer not to have expensive fragile things delivered by courier. YMMV.