Which video editing software

Do you have an ok graphics card which is supported by the software. I noticed a massive difference from free to studio with my RTX2080

I7 6820HK, 32GB ram and GTX980m 8GB.

Its not a beast but it should work.

Do you have HEVC hardware acceleration set to on in preferences>configuration?

GPU processing Cuda, OpenCL or Auto?

Think I need to build a desktop.

1 Like

Two screen dumps from my software, all just original settings

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Cheers Chris, I’ll have a look :+1:t2:

I’ve tried DR 16 beta on two machines now and it keeps crashing so you’re right to avoid.

Are you recording in H265 or H264?

H264, the other is a pain to do anything with on my system

2 Likes

Hi All
Wonder what you are using for editing pics and videos I,m really crap at this bit all the gear no idea

Moved your post to a pre-existing one on the subject.

2 Likes

I Movie sImple and produces fab results

For which platform? Mac OS? iOS? Android? Windows? Linux?

Free? Paid for?

Personally, DaVinci Resolve … Free … I use on Windows but available for MacOS and Linux.

1 Like

Yeah - another thumbs up for Da Vinci - very powerful :+1::+1::+1:

Relatively newbie here. I have a M2P Pro and mostly work with stills, which I use PS to edit, but having seen some of the other members videos on here am keen to try some video footage. What sort of software do other members use to edit / enhance / add text etc use?

I’ve moved your post to a pre-existing thread on the subject. Hopefully you’ll find posts that help.

Knowing which platform you’ll be using would help people offer advice.

Personally I use the free version of DaVinci Resolve. This is also the favourite of many members. It’s also available in Window/MacOS/Linux flavours.

It can be a tad daunting at first, but the upper limit of the free version’s functionality won’t be reached before you’re ready for your first full length feature film.

I have Lumafusion on my iPad, fairly straight forward and intuitive. I have Da Vinci Resolve (Free Version) on my Mac, steeper learning curve but a wealth of tutorials, both on the Blackmagic site and Youtube, and much more powerful.

Thanks for the tips on software OzoneVibe & A37 Gnome, have downloaded the Da Vinci Resolve, quite a complex prog for free, will have to find some spare time to play with it.

Download and work through the Definative Guide, Advanced Editing and Fusion books and you’ll have a good grounding

1 Like

LumaFusion on my iPad Pro and Premiere Pro on my Mac.

2 Likes

Over the years I’ve been messing around with all sorts of editors. I finally found OPENSHOT which is free and has a lot of editing options. It’s certainly better than the ones I used to pay for. Forgot to mention that I’m NOT a pro