Willington Power Station MEET-UP on 1st January 2020

Not sure I have the bollocks to go over the bridges… Went to fly from Maze Park last weekend but the wind above 20m was crazy so had to abandon the day…

1 Like

Uploading: org_9e41681540fecbc7_1568891912000.jpg…

Transporter bridge with cooling towers in the distance. Haha.
Going to the angle of the North on Wednesday if you fancy it. :+1:

1 Like

Lovely photo. I would love to but I will be stuck in the office in silverlink. Up there most days and cannot wait for the lighter nights so I can pull over down the a19 and interrupt the shite commute and go flying somewhere.

1 Like

Finally managed to process some of the 360 footage from the meet.
3.17 can see the racing drone circling the mavic.

YouTube seems to have messed the quality up.

5 Likes

Loving the 360° videos!

1 Like

So, did anyone fly down from top to bottom like I did?

Also, how did you get in? we flew from the adjacent field when we went as there were signs everywhere. We also spoke to the farmer who owns the fields around it and he was very clear about access being restricted.

Me too!

1 Like

I went from bottom to top. The other guys dived it I think. There is a small gap in the fence. Right on the corner.

1 Like

Gap in fencing, if your less than 95kg you can probably get through :joy::rofl:
Where the roadside fence and the perpendicular (side of field) fence meet at right angles they don’t quite meet if you get my drift

Cheers
Steve

That footage is weird :slightly_smiling_face:
Especially when you see seven towers in the shot but your brain says “you know there’s only five”
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

As per this video, I flew from bottom to top, rather than top to bottom. Although if I went again, I’d definitely go top to bottom, rather than fly through the triangular openings at the bottom.

1 Like

That would be my source one :wink:

1 Like