YouTube and Mavic 3 videos 5.1k - 4k

Some while ago I assembled a desktop for video editing which has worked out brilliantly and although I was able to edit 4K on an Alienware gaming laptop, it took quite a while to render.

Your clip took 3 minutes to render…

1 Like

was only 30sec of video and no audio mind but a good gaming laptop helps

Mac is the way forward ;o)

1 Like

My desktop will render a 4k video approx 3 mins long with audio and some effects not many.in approx 10min to 15mins . Which is not super fast but comparing to my old system it’s white mans magic lol

I’ve heard many say Mac is best. I am told and set in my ways to change lol

People have changed older than yourself.

If you want something to work out of the box and last without updating this and that then Mac is for you.

If you like tinkering and pulling your hair out and updating codecs and drivers then stay where you are.

(my 2018 27in iMac will render 4k video at about 2 times, so 3 minute video with transitions would take 90 ish seconds)

Milkman. My eye sight and memory are getting bad as I am getting older, I bought the mavic 3 and the mini 3pro they will be my last drones I will buy .

You trying to convince me or yourself ;o)

You wont remember saying the above come Mini 4 time

1 Like

I only bought the mini 3 pro to stay legal in built up areas, i much prefer flying up north or on the islands, Harris and Lewis is my fav place to fly

I’m too much of a tinker to go plug and play unless it’s the only way to do something……:rofl:

1 Like

Says the man who’s pixel-peeping and counting rivets on his 8k TV :grin:

1 Like

Cant see shoite 10" in front of me cant focus need to wear glassies lol.but back in the days i could put a 7.62 between your eyes at 500m with iron sights lol

Years in engineering I think has taken its toll on my sight and hearing but will never stop me from doing things the hard way, it’s how we got to the moon.

2 Likes

Very true

youtube failed to up load it to 5k

Maybe time to get a paid Vimeo account, or sit closer to the TV ;o)

1 Like

@jaybee is your clip H264 or 265, I’m going to render it at High Quality 4069X2160 variable rate between 100,000,000 and 80,000,000 bps, which should equate to around an average of 15.12fps and a render lapsed time of 50.74s. GPU clock speed of around 4551Mhz and manually allocating 49113MB of 65484 available RAM.
It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any difference in quality… :thinking:

1 Like

I set it to h265 njoro, what your saying gone right over my head lol

Sorry that wasn’t my intention, the first clip I rendered at the default rate of around 50,000,000, and 24,000,000 bps which is really slow, H265 is very high quality video and it’s file is huge, I can either choose Variable Bit Rate Normal Quality or Variable Bit Rate High Quality so H265 is best rendered at VBR High Quality. I’ll also experiment with Constant Bit Rate later to see how it works out, HEVC template tends to default to CPU for rendering which is dinosaur slow but is supposed to give better results.

1 Like

Here the clip at 4096X2160, I can’t see a difference but you might on your TV… :thinking:

https://youtu.be/iFsIFJ_cOfs

1 Like