YouTube and Mavic 3 videos 5.1k - 4k

Strange if I go direct to youtube max it will show is 4k. Like I said if I use the youtube link on facebook it will offer it at 5k

Cambridge Analytical obs know you have a big tele box :wink:

If you have a Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra, have a 8k resolution would it not up scale it to 8k as well ?

No news for a week @jaybee - did you get this sorted in the end?

Dji said its youtubes fault lol

What did YouTube say ?

1 Like

And did you ever try a test upload of the same video file to Vimeo.com?

2 Likes

Didn’t even bother asking youtube

If honest gave up on it

well finally found out who was at fault ie uploading a 5.1k video yet it only max at 4k on youtube.
it wasnt dji fault nor was it youtubes fault, the guilty sods are Power director…

I have a dji mavic 3 when i record in 5.1K and then edit it with power director the software limits it to 4k only, which defeats the object!!! but the sad thing about it i posted the exact same video with audio using power director and it showed up as 5.1k this was may 2022. After That power director limited there software to a max of 4k only, they didnt make it public still havent.
so i wont be renewing my (power director) once it runs out this year.
i will post a link to the 1st video i did back in may 2022 using power director.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thry6lYX7c

and the 2nd link is same video but not edited with power Director,
and i just uploaded it today 30.08.2022 which uploaded to youtube and can be viewed in 5.1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zU3oiWqj9c

it at present can only be viewed at 5.1k with a tv or monitor that can cope with 5.1k or higher.
just in case you forgot why i did all this is i have a 8k tv and wanted to view the dji mavic 3 at 5.1k on it…

just got a reply from power director not happy with it.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand that the concern is related to your previous query referring to trying to render/produce in 5.1K with PowerDirector 365. We are more than willing to assist you.

With reference to your query, please be advised that after our further checking with engineering team, per current program design, since the first version of PowerDirector 365 v20 that released in 2021 Sept. and the newer versions that released later in 2022 Spring and Summer, the highest video production resolution that PowerDirector supports is 4K (and the 4K variant resolution up to 4096 x 3072 pixels, which is in different video aspect ratios).

We are afraid that the PowerDirector 365 indeed does NOT support producing videos in 5K resolution no matter with the versions released previously or each new version that released within 2022 later so far.

For the concern of supporting the 5K video production, as what we’ve mentioned previously, we’ve escalated the suggestion to our product team as feature development reference.

We highly appreciate your feedback.

Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Rhia
CyberLink Technical Support

this is the link to the video i rendered using power director 365 which power director say wasnt possible as it was limited to 4k max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thry6lYX7c

here is power director reply , does anyone see a flaw in there reply ?
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to your concern, as aforementioned, per current program design, since the first version of PowerDirector 365 v20 that released in 2021 Sept. and the newer versions that released later in 2022 Spring and Summer, the highest video production resolution that PowerDirector supports is 4K (and the 4K variant resolution up to 4096 x 3072 pixels, which is in different video aspect ratios).

We really appreciate that you provide the YouTube link to help us clarify your concern, per our checking, the uploaded video shows 5462 x 3072 (5K) resolution on YouTube, and the video is edited and titles, audio added. However, after consulting with our engineering team, we are afraid that the PowerDirector 365 indeed does NOT support producing videos in 5462 x 3072 resolution no matter with the versions released previously or each new version that released within 2022 later so far.

During the video uploading process, YouTube would transcode the video automatically. If you still have the concern about the video resolution on YouTube, as we are not the developer of the 3rd party social platform YouTube, we are not able the find out or investigate why the 5K option is available. We suggest you to consult with the YouTube support to have further clarification.

YouTube Support

For your concern and better user experience, we have re-escalated the suggestion to our product team to raise the suggestion volume to support the 5K video rendering feature in PowerDirector.

We really appreciate your feedback.

Have you got the file on your hard disk (SSD, NAS, whatever) that Power Director made at 5.1K resolution, that you went in to upload to YouTube ?

1 Like

No once i upload to youtube i delete the file

Ive rendered and uploaded another video in 5.1k to youtube but best res is 4k yet it is 5.1k and dont know why its not showing as that!!!
see properties file attached
also i uploaded the whole video to google drive and the link for it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_SHRsfNYOXlOUkv5l189WHy2iaHSGuoj/view?usp=sharing

Think its time for you to jump ship, bite the bullet and get a Vimeo account

I know but still not sure if its rendering software or youtube thats the problem.
i mean i can live with 4k but the drone is 5.1k ive a 8k tv, its just the software thats the problem if fact i am not sure what is lol.Vimeo account not paying to be able to upload and it has a max file size per update 500mb

Just finished uploading that

Lets see what happens this time with it

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to help

Uploaded a trim of it (13 seconds or so) to my free Vimeo see what it does with it

1 Like