YouTube drone channels, tutorials and recommendations

Skyhighfilms for drone control and reveal techniques

Neil - I think thereā€™s a couple of elements to this depending on what you are looking to achieve. You live in a stunning part of the world so content shouldnā€™t be an issue for you so you need to learn to fly AND to edit. All the best footage in the world will look crap unless you can put it together well. Equally, the best editor canā€™t do a lot with poor footage. Pick your editing software of choice and seek out lots of tutorials on how to use it. Look at everything on TV, YouTube, Netlfix etc differently - ask yourself how they made that shot then try and recreate it. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment much appreciated. While new to drones I do have experience with video production and editing I use Davinci resolve and colour grade with a Blackmagic mini panel. Iā€™ve thought about a YouTube channel on and off but the largest barrier was something that excites me enough to capture my attention long term.

In that case, youā€™re already ahead of 95% of drone based channels :grin:

2 Likes

Ian in London I feel is the best one to watch, very interesting and informative

1 Like

Hey all I watch Mr steele, le drib and josh bardwell. What other youtubers should I be watching for good content and helpful videos?

1 Like

Check this thread out, some good lists here

Highly recommend this awesome guy though

https://youtube.com/channel/UCclixmKN2yDHy2K__qkCj9w

:wink:

Ahh perfect thanks!

hahaha love the plug Iā€™ll deffo check yours out :smiley:

Captain Drone, Joshua Bardwell, Nurk FPV

Heā€™s a lot like marmite, but I donā€™t think there are many better vloggers and he was one of the early adopters of drone shooting, and heā€™s a not half bad story teller either

Casey Neistat

2 Likes

Very few YouTuberā€™s that I donā€™t find annoying, especially those that constantly put out content, a lot of it rehashed of what they have already done. Quality > Quantity and I wish a lot of the UK based people would learn that.To the point today I unsubbed from a lot of them and left myself with these guys.

Ian in London gets another vote for being UK based and pretty honest and doesnā€™t just spunk out content for the sake of it.

Another vote for Jevan Dovey who hasnā€™t been mentioned for a while and has recently been restructuring his channel(s) between educational and actual vlogging. I prefer the educational stuff, but itā€™s also good to see how it all comes together in the actual vlog.

Jake Sloan, again some really good educational stuff on recording footage:

1 Like

There are many creators on YouTube who I look up to and will watch anything they post, ā€˜The drone creativeā€™ ā€˜Ken Heronā€™ ā€˜Jake Sloanā€™ to name a few but there is also ones that arenā€™t so good, Iā€™m not a fan of these ā€˜auditorsā€™ though I do watch sometimes, ā€˜geeksvanaā€™ now if Iā€™d found him before buying a drone I never would have, he drones on about all the rules and regs and nothing about the joys of flying. Anyone else got any faves?

That because no one has ever seen him fly one

1 Like