2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge

No9 The Suns reflection off a lake. Bit of a last minute shot this, didnt come out at all well as was running out of battery so quickly clicked away but hopefully it qualifies ?

5 Likes

No23 - Hyperboloid Shaped Cooling Tower with Steam

West Burton Power Station
DN22 9
06-01-2019

3 Likes

3 - A Dronie - A pretty simple one at that!

West Burton Power Station
6-1-2019
DN22 9

Not the most interesting of dronies tbh. My M2P didnt fly too far away, need to check settings as it couldve been so much better.

https://youtu.be/e09xHyLhVDg

5 Likes

St Mary’s, East Leake

5 Likes

No frost though…

‘Hyperboloid-shaped cooling tower on a frosty or snowy day’

Oh FGS!!! Too busy thinking ‘Cooling towers with steam’ and headed out the door :confused:

Mind u there was bit of frost just behind one of them cooling towers just where the sun couldn’t reach!!! :wink::grin: Honest

1 Like

Lol. Sorry, couldn’t resist. I’m not too far from Didcot so I’m just waiting for frosty to visit.

Love the light on chimneys @sunstone

1 Like

We could be waiting awhile. It’s been so mild for this time of year, may as well be a Spring challenge! :grin:

Thanks @BrianB .:blush: Had to wait a few mins for the sun to reveal itself on that one. :+1:

1 Like

A bit of editing and there’s quite a bit of detail in those shadows that can be brought out.

2 Likes

I’ll have another look at it. I rather hastily uploaded it. Seemingly lots of noise in the darker areas put me off bringing the darker sections out.

Shall have another play. :+1: Thanks for the advice.

It can’t be pushed loads … but enough to not make the noise noticeable does improve it a tad, I think.

If you also have the RAW … that might handle more manipulation.

I only applied a tad of “lighten shadows” in that version.

Confirmed :+1:t2:

But alas…

Sorry!

Confirmed :+1:t2:

I’m guessing that was your ‘Church’ entry?

If so… entry confirmed!

If not… could everyone please let us know which treasure item you are claiming :blush:

So!

Leaderboard updated :+1:t2:

This evenings updates sees @sunstone confirm his 4th place and knock @DTH down in to 5th. We also see @Slim jump up to joint 6th place alongside @SpininB :smiley:

Which in turn then knocks @leeheyes and @TassyWass down in to joint 8th place :scream:

1 Like

Oh well, I said I wouldn’t but I can’t help myself.

#3 Dronie.
Taken Saturday around 8.30am on 06/01/19 The Bwlch

#7 Sunrise.
Taken 28 ‎December ‎2018, ‏‎08:38 Pontcanna Fields, Cardiff.

#14 Decorated outdoor Christmas tree.
Taken ‎05 ‎January ‎2019, ‏‎18:17 Porth.

#15 Decorated house. (+ bonus in the dark)
Taken 31 ‎December ‎2018, ‏‎21:17 Cyncoed, Cardiff.

#25 Church with spire (Cathedral as agreed)
Taken 28 ‎December ‎2018, ‏‎09:13 Llandaff, Cardiff.

3 Likes

A simple dronie as I’m tired of being last :grinning:

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Today’s changes see @MementoMori enter the Challenge in the number # 5 slot (the ‘Yourself’ video wasn’t eligable - over 30s long) and @leeheyes removes himself from the last place that he was so fond of and moves up to joint 7th :blush:

2 Likes

Bugger, I should have known from last time.
Here’s another.
#3 Dronie

2 Likes

Is that you? :thinking:

Of course it’s me, it was bloody cold up there.
How would you know if it wasn’t? We’ve never met :laughing:

1 Like