2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge - Winners Announced!

2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge

It’s Back and to celebrate and welcome Spring, Grey Arrows Drone Club are pleased to announce the next in a series of Challenges !

Here’s your chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.

Welcome to the ‘2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge’.

The objective is simple: Enter one Photograph, Pano or Video for each of the 3 fundamentally-coloured themes during the allotted two-week time window (for each theme).

What do we mean by fundamental colour? :thinking:

Well, this photograph is fundamentally yellow:

And this one is fundamentally purple:

You get the idea :blush:

During this six-week challenge, your coloured themes are:

• Weeks 1 and 2
    – From 04/04/2022 to 18/04/2022
    GREEN
  • Weeks 3 and 4
    – From 18/04/2022 to 02/05/2022
    PINK
  • Weeks 5 and 6
    – From 02/05/2022 to 16/05/2022
    GREY

The 2022 Fundamental Colour Challenge offers the chance to win not just one badge, but one badge per theme!

Each of the 3 themes will have a Gold, Silver and Bronze winner rather than just a single winner for all of them combined as we’ve had in some previous Challenges. This means you could win up to three badges during the course of this Challenge :clap:t2:

The winners of each of the three Themes will be judged by the @Challenges_Committee Inadequate bribing will not be tolerated and will lead to disqualification.
Images will be judged on:

• Fundamental colour match
  • Subject Matter
  • Composition
  • Lighting

WHATS UP FOR GRABS

The winners for each Theme will be announced at the end of the Challenge, not at the end of each theme. We have to keep you on your toes, it’s a challenge remember :slight_smile:

We have three awards available for you to win in our challenge. They are:

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy

For the competitor that scores the most points throughout the competition will receive a DJI T-Shirt

The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:

• Only ONE entry per person per colour
  • You must post your entries to this thread in order for them to be eligible (feel free to also post / duplicate them in the Photos by Drone or Videos by Drone categories if you wish)
  • This challenge is open from from 04/04/2022 to 16/05/2022, the closing date. Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible. Your entries must be captured between each set of dates for the respective colour
  • You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)
  • Original media i.e. image straight from the camera may be required in case of dispute
  • All media must have been captured in the UK (For our overseas members, all media must have been captured in your home country)
  • You must only insert one photo or video per post / reply (so we can link directly to it)
  • Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying
  • Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and may contain time-lapse and/or hyper-lapse
  • Entries must be taken within the guidelines of the Drone Code
  • The judges will rank all the challenge submissions (without reference to one another) and the judges rankings for each entry will be added together, and these totals themselves will be ranked
  • The winner will be the entry with the highest total rank
  • The member whose entry ranks highest will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The member whose entry ranks the second highest will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the member whose entry ranks third highest will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy
  • The @Challenges_Committee reserve the right to modify the rules at any time, including retrospectively to existing entries, where the committee decide there was an unforeseen loophole that has been exploited.
9 Likes

And you’re certain the dates for GREEN weren’t last fortnight? :rofl:

Why do you think we picked it :joy:

Can’t wait for the drama of the individual perception of colour… :rofl:

1 Like

What size is the t-shirt? And how many previous owners?

It is shown full size in the image on your screen.

As for previous owners, don’t fret about that, just breathe in deeply the glorious smell of stale man musk …

Haven’t seen you for a while. Andy. How are you doing?

I’m all good. Been a bit lax on the challenges front recently so need to set that straight. Get limbered up for the birthday challenge :joy:

Lets kick this off then.

Nothing spectacular but its green as far as the eye can see.

Details:

Date taken: 05/04/2022
Craft used: DJI Mavic Air 2.

Quick question to the @Challenges_Committee if we manage to get a better image during the allocated time frame can we swap out our original entry for the newer better entry?

10 Likes

Great view :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for kicking us off @DeanoG60 I can confirm it’s definitely green :clap:

Only one entry per person per colour theme. So pick wisely folks. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. So its a good job you’re so used to late entries, as you’re going to get a lot :rofl:

1 Like

This challenge is giving me no end of stress trying to find a green photogenic subject. All I can say I wish this building they are building in Manchester was finished.

I looks like the weather tomorrow morning around Manchester is going to be good so its all or nothing in the morning.

10 Likes

You’ve got until the 18th for the green colour challenge.

1 Like

Very true but its suppose to rain all week here.

Kind of misty green, skirting around Luton Airports FRZ, near Dunstable downs. Mini 2 with ND16

10 Likes

Great image Adrian :+1:

1 Like

As great as this image is Mick it looks to be taken back in June last year and therefore cannot be excepted due to:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’ve removed it

1 Like

Desert Rats Memorial at Thetford forest Norfolk. Taken today 9/4/22 with a DJI Mini 2.
Memorial to the 7th (Desert Rats) Amoured Division that trained at nearby Stanta training ground.

13 Likes

I know its not all green but I really wanted to pay homage to the Desert Rats and include the plaque as well instead of cropping it out.

2 Likes