Back pack, rucksack, hard case and soft-case recommendations

Are the avata goggles better than the standard dji fpv ones?

1 Like

Loads more comfortable. The swipe panel for the menu seems intuitive, but so far it’s a bit hit and miss for tree trunk fingers. The HD signal breaks up quicker behind trees, but then again I have the FCC hack on the Goggles V2, not on these new ones yet. But they are a lot lighter, plus the collapsable antennae are very convenient too. They have great adjustment for the eyes, not just IPD, but focus for each eye too. In the V2’s, it is still slightly out of focus, but with the new set, I can get a sharp, crisp image - thanks to the new level of adjustment.

,and if it passes the baggage handlers test youve really cracked it! :rofl:

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

Wasssup?

• DJI FPV Goggles, FCC hack applied and tested … much better.
  • DJI Avata Goggles, signal not great without hack, FCC hack now applied … will test later.

Pull ya finger out :grin:

One sec, I’ll just go and ask my boss if I can take the rest of the day off so I can go droning to keep my neighbour happy :laughing:

You have a job :scream:

Things i do for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

An outstanding job, carried out by someone with far more patience than me. This has been my solution to similar situations

Cheers Darren :+1:

That is a very creative approach :clap:

It is a pretty cool and simple solution. :sunglasses:
It’s also a pretty cool machining forum I’ve been on for a number of years, some very clever people in there.

Well laid out and some kit you have there :+1:

Where’s the dji FPV propeller’s stored ?

Cheers Mark! You can’t see in the photo, but there is another layer underneath. Under each drone, I’ve made a square cavity for the props and cables. Both layers together are about 5" (12.5 cm), so quite a bit of space.

1 Like

Fantastic way to travel and instantly able to setup and very organised, wee bit of OCD :rofl:

1 Like

@PingSpike just thought, does this qualify me for the Fleet Operator badge :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Awarded :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Chris!

We’ll all be huddled around it at the next big meet, could sell tickets to view it in the flesh….:rofl:

It looks awesome :star_struck:

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a camera bad and also a daypack?

My last trip into the lakes proved that i need a bag that can take a DLSR plus lens plus drone/controller/batteries. Plus food and first aid kit plus extra cloths or somewere to store cloths as it gets to hot. Plus waterbottle/flask plus tripod.

I dont want much do I lol.

Is there nothing in the above posts that caught your eye @Gavinnewcombe ?