Best tablet

Same here, gives great results when sitting on top of a tablet holder, on a tripod.
Model SGP512.
Welcome to the GADC Jon !

2 Likes

Hi Jon, and welcome to GADC! :+1:

1 Like

thank you

Well the wife got me the 10 inch lenovo. Dji go is not that smooth. Litchi is worse. Aeroranger is unusable as it keeps freezing. Think I’m going to have to get a different tablet with a smaller screen.

Try a smasung galaxy tab S2 8 inch version. I have used that and worked pretty good for me

1 Like

I seem to remember a comment (elsewhere) about needing to make sure that the tablet WiFi was able to handle a specific broadcast band, I think it was a/c (don’t quote me on that). I’m just trying to figure out if my Google Nexus 7 v2 (2013) has the legs to do this.

A cable will be connecting the tablet to the controller so the wireless specs of the device won’t come in to it :+1:t2:

The tablet doesn’t even need WiFi :slight_smile:

You might want GPS on the tablet though, if you plan on trying to set different RTH locations (when using follow-me type modes for example).

1 Like

Thanks @PingSpike - I used to use the Nexus 7 for Waze navigation so the GPS is fine. I guess it will come down to convenience and just how unwieldy the tablet is. My Pixel 3A will do just fine, but I make every effort to augment these tired old eyes.

1 Like

I wonder if the preference for GPS will change slightly when people start getting operator position on their smart phones :rofl:

2 Likes

iPad 7 (2019) 10.2”. As yet untested, bought because I felt my iPhone to be far too small to see at a glance hence buying the iPad. Time will tell :wink:

Looks like the Sony experia is the way to go for me, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S is crap, my Samsung Galaxy S9+ is crap yet my Sony Z1 is superb, no lag, crystal clear pics but screen a bit small for this blind old coot lol

1 Like

@Matty1 You need the Sony Xperia SGP512 great tablet
mine works a dream with most of my drones, except the mini.sony_xperia_z2_tablet

Should pick one off Ebay for about £70 ish
(will work very well with both your drones)

1 Like

Until the next update of go4 !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Learn from my error.

I bought a fairly cheap tablet for my Mavic Mini, that I was sure would be compatible. Android 9, ARM processor. However, although it runs the DJI Fly app, it doesn’t display the camera feed. The data overlays and telemetary are all there, and if I put my hand in front of the lens, the histogram changes, so it’s all working fine, except the video feed.

I don’t know if there’s any workaround for it. If not, I think I’ll buy a Galaxy of some sort.

Does anyone know whether I could have known in advance that it wouldn’t have worked?
The specs are here: Teclast P80X Review Price, Specifications, Compare, Features

There may be some tablets that are cheaper than a Galaxy in this thread : DJI GO4 phone compatibility list for UK flyers? . Worth checking, perhaps.

Ah …. you’re on the DJI GoFly app … so that needs to be taken into account.

In which case … there’s this thread : Mavic mini DJI Fly App Phone compatibility

Thanks. The list only really has phones, which is quite annoying. I want to hook up an 8" tablet to it. My phone works fine and receives the feed OK.

I just wondered if there was something in the tablet specs that would have let me know it wouldn’t work.

No idea on specific specs needed, but here’s a list of tablets for Go Fly and suitability.

Thanks, that’s a great resource.
Might get the Amazon Fire 8 - cheap.

Scratch that - the fly app won’t work on the Fire

Now there’s a coincidence. I’m having exactly the same problem with my Powervision Poweregg X on Samsung S6 and Samsung S7 handsets. I even did a full factory reset on the S7 but that didn’t fix the problem. However everything works great on my Huawei M5Lite8 tablet, but the controller for the PowerEgg X won’t support a tablet.

After delving into the guts of the Samsung phones I’ve concluded the issue might be with the type of GPU chipset used. So as an experiment I’m picking up a Huawei P30 Lite which uses the same chipset as my tablet to see if that fixes the issue. I’ve been due an upgrade for sometime but rather than get the phone from my provider I’m purchasing the handset separately and going to go with a SIM only contract with a bigger data allowance.

Nidge.