Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

All the DJI drones are GPS speed limited … unless hacked. :wink:

2 Likes

Ah bugger no speed freak badge for me then lol

1 Like

Never say never

2 Likes

Well - if the wind is strong enough they can’t fight against it after the top air speed of the drone.

So - 100 mph winds are your … :thinking: … friends? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmmmm not sure I like the idea of a one way ticket just for the speed freak badge :rofl:

1 Like

How do you go about hacking them? Is it straight forwards or ridiculously difficult?

I’m after the MM speed, so far I got to 29.88MPH in 40mph gusts so I know what conditions I am aiming for, I also have my special field ;o)

1 Like

I’ve always thought a golf driving range could be convenient … they often have huge catch netting … and are often well exposed to the wind.

Just need a wind that’s equal to the max speed in still air + the speed you want to beat.

I’ll come and video it when you’re ready. :+1:

3 Likes

Typo should say 43 lol

Or were you flying backwards? :wink:

1 Like

So the GPS limits the speed??? Bang goes my idea, then.

2 Likes

But - as above - only to a max wind speed - then it drifts … faster … and faster … and bye-bye/crash. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why wait for the wind to do the job? Just tee up your Mavic with the motors running.

A graphite shaft 2 wood is your friend …

2 Likes

Haha does vertical velocity count? Could fly really high and perforn an emergency motor stop :rofl:

:rofl:

Sod’s Law applies here … EVERYTHING would fly, except for the GPS that will still be at your feet.

1 Like

Anyway to deactivate the GPS?

1 Like

But then you don’t have anything to measure the speed. LOL!

3 Likes

Damn my ignorance! :rofl:

2 Likes

@SirGunner, I think we need to get one of those handheld speed cameras the police use. I’m sure they’ll lend us it for scientific experimentation.

1 Like