Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

Whats quite impressive is 112 down to 35 in 3 seconds with no 3rd party involved ;o)

Well done @gunja99

2 Likes

What I actually found strange, was I had 3 or 4 runs with that battery, and it was the 3rd run with the 112, others were 104, 103, etc with that battery, would have expected 1st run to be the best… Maybe the wind was right on the third one

1 Like

Or it was slightly lighter in weight having used up some of the electrons……:thinking:

2 Likes

Leader-board updated with @gunja99 112.41mph DJI-FPV log. :clap:

2 Likes

It’ll be a combination of the wind and heading in the right direction.

I’ve compared it with mine and my max was 105.43mph but was a couple of hours earlier and with less wind (and not as true to the wind direction as you were).

Yeah needs to be perfect, looking at the video… It doesn’t look impressive at all, and the sound that @SirGunner s record made, was… Insane!

So our goggles show 99.7mph as the max speed on the OSD, interesting. I did do three batteries at this attempt, and the others were slower than your 105 (103.8, and 104.35), so I think I must have just been in the air at the right time!

1 Like

Also still not “hacked” the drone back yet, going to do that tonight. Or is it the goggles. I don’t get the “you must upgrade” message in the goggles, but the fly app is saying you must update before flying, so I guess next time I connect it… Will be more painful, think the hack will be easy to apply this time. Clearing cache from fly app before connecting drone I guess might help

Yeah, it seems the OSD is limited to 99.7 but I topped 100 on most of my flights.

Interestingly it was my very first flight that hit 105

with subsequent flights being 101, 97,99, 101

4 Likes

I can see this DJI FPV drone record getting very competitive now you guys have figured out the AirData logs for it :star_struck:

Congrats on your new record Martin, that DJI FPV sounds like a beast when its tearing around in the sky, very impressive piece of kit :clap:t2:

1 Like

Cheers, not something I set out to attempt, all wanted to do was acro with it!

It’s not bad for an off the shelf drone… Now… get your video uploaded :wink:

3 Likes

Competitive - I don’t know what you mean :joy:

Nah jokes aside - Huge congrats to Martin (@gunja99) for his well-deserved record.

I’m off to windy mountain to fly mine again this weekend haha

4 Likes

Really great time at the Big Meet this weekend. While there managed to finally break the speed record with my newly built self build 5" quad named ‘Snail’.
160mph with 11 sats locked. Hit 160 twice, once at 27secs and the second at 1min 15secs :astonished:
Been wanting a Speed Freak badge ever since I joined :star_struck:

3 Likes

Having seen this thing, it flys like fook and sounds the bollocks.

hope you enjoyed introduction to Northern kebabs ;o)

3 Likes

You should see a doctor if your bollocks.make the same sound as a drone.

Was amazing to watch, actually more so hear that thing! So clean, loud and screaming :slight_smile: Well done!

BTW hows the battery? Retired? lol

3 Likes

Very fast and well put together @SirGunner - Happily pass the baton to you mate.
Congratulations, it’s good to see the race for the top pick-up after a year without challenge :clap:

5 Likes

If you have seen Top Gun Maverick. I would say it’s probably in the same condition as that F-18 he “borrowed” to do his speed run.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Haha thanks Chris. That kebab was amazing! If all kebabs up North are that good Ill be trying to convince the Mrs to move up there :grin:

2 Likes

do it do it do it! :rofl:

2 Likes