Co-ordinates link issue (plus W3W link)

When viewing a location on Drone Scene the co-ordinates link should open Google Maps and populate the destination with the location.

This is not currently working and will be fixed on the next update.

1 Like

An icon that says “navigate here” (opens Google maps sat nav). Unless it has it somewhere

1 Like

click the what 3 words reference and it should do similar

To be honest i find it hard to split my hobby drone hat and my commercial drone hat. Because of the A2CofC and GVC I’ve done I naturally go overboard when researching a site. (Proven by some of the questiones I’ve asked on the forum) therefore i habe a lot of links i use.

DS is great and I use it often so having the ability to pin places I’d like to fly would be great and would mean it’s one less list I’d have somewhere else. Thats all I meant.

Andy.

1 Like

Android, clicking the W3W address opens the W3W site. There’s a navigation option for the location but it only offers a list of fixed apps, Citymapper, Google Maps, Bing, Waze & Uber.

Use any of those?

I don’t think @PingSpike is going to start writing a satnav

No, so I copy the W3W address, paste (& save) into the W3W app and that knows which satnav apps are installed.

That’s how it works. W3W is a middle man just click the link it will open then choose your navigator of choice

You can then save it as a favourite in W3W for future

Doesn’t quite work like that. Clicking the link opens the W3W site in a browser which has the fixed choices. Need to copy into the app which knows the apps installed.

Get the W3W app

I’m a Square, used the app since launch. Links open the browser.
Cleared browser defaults, still opens the browser.

Device issue

Works as it should for me

1 Like

Thanks. Checked the default app settings and the app should be the default for what3words.com among others they use. Will keep digging to see if it’s a known fault.

Calling @group-android anyone can test if the following opens in What 3 words ?

Here is a precise what3words address, made of 3 random words. Every 3 metre square in the world has its own unique what3words address.

///cold.sparrows.humans

1 Like

Selby Superbowl?

2 Likes

Opened in a new browser tab. Didn’t load the installed app.

S21 Ultra

1 Like

That’s me :wink:

1 Like

What about @group-ios peeps ?

2 Likes

Checking if my phone has a general don’t-open-apps issue, I’ve also tried clicking the coordinates, they open in Maps Preview as expected (but don’t work as already mentioned). I’ve swapped the default settings between Maps & Maps Preview and it behaves as I’d expect.

If this helps …

Same here Samsung Note 20 Ultra opened in a new browser window but not the what3words app

2 Likes